we are converted to alcohol !

Old 11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

BJ try powercoating I did mine and it always looks good!!! it didnt hurt anything, and looks ti$S ....David.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
ToddHall
SHOW GUEST

Default Top lube for alcohol

Just my 2 cents on the topic of alcohol, but where I buy my methanol, they sell top lube and fuel fragrance, but I've never bought top lube that had a smell to it. I hope that I'm wrong here, but I don't think you have ANY top lube in your alcohol, only two bottles of cherry fragrance. If I'm wrong then fine, but I would check your bottles and be sure what you've added to your methanol.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:52 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Top lube for alcohol

Originally Posted by ToddHall
Just my 2 cents on the topic of alcohol, but where I buy my methanol, they sell top lube and fuel fragrance, but I've never bought top lube that had a smell to it. I hope that I'm wrong here, but I don't think you have ANY top lube in your alcohol, only two bottles of cherry fragrance. If I'm wrong then fine, but I would check your bottles and be sure what you've added to your methanol.
Some with the fragrance also have top lube in them.

I'll throw my 2 cents in about top lube, I used to run it back 4-5 years ago with my 750 rupert carb then switched to injection and Monroe told me not to run it because it'd gum up the nozzels. I had some already pre-mixed to get rid of so I tried it and sure enough it kept plugging nozzels up. I've never ran it sense in my carbs or injection and I have not seen one difference with it and without it. JMO
Old 11-13-2007, 11:06 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Here is a copy and paste from VP web site on the top lube i use....
i was also a VP fuel dealer in 05 and 06..sold many exotic fuels including alcohol but never ran it myself..the M2 i think got its name because the based menthanol name was called Methanol M1...So iguess M2 tube lube was a suiting fit NAME.....they now have M1,M3 and M5 Methanol...The M5 suppose to contain less methanol and more of the other chemicals.....
anyhow i will try to post VP fuels thread..

but here is a copy and paste excerpt of their M2 tube lube...i got the candy smell of course.
http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html

ENGINE LUBRICANTS

M2™ Upper Lube and M2™ Upper Lube with Candy Scent:
Leaves a thin film of lubrication to protect against corrosion between races. Protects valves, guides, cylinder walls, fuel pumps, and aluminum fuel systems for methanol powered engines. Extends pump life.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-13-2007, 11:26 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i would also like to add one thing..i have heard the GOOD,BAD,UGLY of Alcohol from many sources....
i am the type of person to listen to everyon's opinion and then throw out what i do not want to use and keep what makes sense to me...thats why i like to hear all opinions..your never too old to learn..
one thing i try to do is go to someone that has experience with alcohol and has good results from it...there are 2 people i have personally spoken with that fit this bill..G.M. and K.R. Dont worry if you been around long enough you can figure out the initials fairly easy......these 2 old geezers (with respect) have been doing this Alcohol game a long time with engine set ups not so different than mine...so with my own opinions and hours of research and weighing out options along with their opinions and fact. i made the decision to make the switch to alcohol....i give credit to these type forums so i can gather this kind of info that will help me make a better informed decision of things i have little knowledge of..i hope everyone takes advantage of this type of communication these forums offer...SO...we shall see how it turns out....

if you want Blower info..no better man than JA-
if you want Nos advise no beTter person than T.M
Head advise CB
Chassis set up and build. E/MC
Fourlink set up,round track,etc...no other than --Bubster...don't know the intitials. of real name..lol..
General motor Questions- EW...also an accomlished inventor in out sport

My point by doing the initial thing means hang out more and you learn who is the board name behind the real name initials...which in turn means you might learn something from them or maybe not...info is power.......

my 2 cents on learning curve..it doesn't have to be too painful !

Brian