Are billet rods realy better????

Old 05-24-2007, 01:37 PM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

this were the strongest rods i have ever tested hands down. Dyer's 300M Steel H-Beam Rods
Manufactured from U.S. made 300M steel forgings, which are 20% stronger than 4340 steel. The H-beam design with a double banded cap for ultimate strength, they use ARP2000 capscrews as standard equipment (220,000) psi, CNC machined to eliminate mistakes, Vacuum Furnace Heat Treated with Cryogenic Treatment, include AMPCO 45 Bronze Pin Bushings for maximum strength with low deformation. buff it cost more to forge rods then it is to cut from a piece of billet.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Dyers 300m rods are great,we use a lot of them.the weak link in the chain is that ARP 2000 bolt,with a yield strength of 180,000 and a tensile strength of 220,000 lbs lbs it can be a problem. after having two 2000 bolts break in a 3 week period [one on my dyno] we switched to the ARP custom age 625 with a yield of 235,000 minimum and tensile of 260,000 lbs.that has cured the problems.Bill
Old 05-24-2007, 02:55 PM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

wow bill that sucks you had them fail i hate when that happens. it happens to the best of use. we can't control the product just are work. good luck fixing that stuff and great post bill i forgot to talk about the bolts. like bill said the bolts are the weak part of those rods. the bolts bill is talking about are about the strongest bolts that i have seen not the one he broke either :lol: . in almost every rod the bolts are the weak spot so never cheap out on bolts.