Beware of "waynesworld154" Owensboro, Ky.!!! Big L

Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

OK guys---I just had someone ask me for the story of what the deal really consisted of. Almost sounded like a accusation of me lying. You want the story, here it is. He called me on the car and quized me on a few things. Including price obviously. I originally told him the bottom dollar on the car was $14,500 and not a dime less. He wanted me to meet him part way with the car and I said no. Couldn't do it for that price. I was already losing my butt on the car bigtime. He said ok and he'd think about it. The next day a small tire camaro popped up on RJ that looked like exactly what I was looking for. I called the guy--had him send some pics and also got his bottom dollar on the car he was selling. He told me $13,500--no less. I called wayne back up and told him that if this car was what I wanted for the $13,500 that he could take my car for $13,500. But ONLY AFTER I went and looked at the other car and had money down on it. I also told wayne again that he had to come all the way to get this car. I arranged it quickly and headed across the state over to Minn. to see this other camaro. I told wayne several times that I would only let the car go @ that price if I bought this other one. I called wayne and left him a message on his cell phone and emailed him the next morning telling him that I was going to go over and look at the other car that evening and I'd let him know. Go figure--he didn't call me back until we were half way across Wis. He then told me he had already left and had about 3 hours into the trip up to get the firebird. At that point I got pretty irritated and kept asking him why he'd leave when he knew the sale was contingant on the other car. No answer to that question and then of course he lost signal and he didn't reach me back for about another 5-6 hours. We got to the other car and it was junk. I obviosuly wasn't going to buy it so I told wayne he had better have 14.5 with him and it better be cash or he might as well head home. He deliberatly left right away(lie) so he wouldn't miss out on the deal. He started pulling this crap about how I'm not a man of my word---bla bla bla. I told him he better have the cash and he better be to my place before 6:00 a.m. because I had to get to work by 6:30. He lied about where he was the entire time. He hadn't even left when he told us he was a few hours into it. We figured he would reach my house by no later than 1:30 a.m. Geeez, he showed up at 5:55. When he had $13,500 I should've told him to head his snake ass right back where he came from, but he agreed to send me the rest of the cash and that I'd hold the title and I also have this receipt showing he owed me the grand. I should've known better, but live and learn I guess. He owes me a grand and I will get it at some point. My pics should make this pretty obvious to figure out guys.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:22 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

wow..ok as i see it Wayne pressed the deal ( which i have no issues with,it's business) but you gave into it firebird89...the seller is in control the entire time no matter how much pressure the buyer puts on..

back 4 yrs ago i went thru a simliar situation with a buyer from Up north, but basically he tried to low ball on my fixed price once he got here..he had no beef wth car ..i guess he thought i would cave and give in o hios pressue..but i didn't. thats is when i am at my best when the heat is on so i stood my ground and sent him packing 700 miles one way back north with an empty trailer,,bottom line i (seller) kept control of the deal.

i really have no issues with either of you, Firebird89 i am sure you learned something here that will last a lifetime..Wayne if i were in your shoes i would like to have that title, looking at the car it looks pretty nice and WILL be worth a lot more money with the title..you would get your extra 1k back getting the title. Plus i feel strongly many of your offers could hinge on the title Question..Just my experience
By not having the title you can exclude any buyers from Canada becuase the border makes them produce one..and there are many great potential buyers from Canada..i have 1st hand knowledge with this one

Many people in general will just back off a deal without a title cause you always have that chance of someone coming up making claim to the car or at least that thought in the back of you mind

it sounds like you guys ain' thatt far off from pleasing each other..how about try and make this right,it sure sounds like a good trade off for both if you could make it happen.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-02-2009, 08:26 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

And just so everyone knows--I reported his ad and what he was misrepresenting to RJ before I resorted to posting here in the forum. It obviosuly didn't fall into the proper hands. His ad remained on here so I simply wanted to do what I could to make people aware and maybe help keep someone from getting boned. I am going to leave my ad up with the pics of the receipt & title until morning and then remove the ad. Hated to even waste the space and post it, but the truth is the truth. Posting ads like that on the classifieds is not proper use of the site. Just be aware of what your buying--ask for proof. Keep sellers honest. At least do what you can to cover your own azz guys and gals.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:41 PM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

Your right Brian---I did give in and was too nice and trusting of the buyer. I had already said live and learn--my mistake. I do have a problem with liars and thiefs even if others don't. What happened along the way and at what point did we all have to assume a deal really isn't a deal? Pretty sad actually!!! It's called morals--my parents actaully taught them to me. AGAIN----the purpose of this post was to make others aware he is B.S.ing about the motor, not the title or the money. little wayne brought that up, not me. He must be have guilty concious. But you are right again Brian----that title could prove to be a thorn in his side considering I am going to keep as close a track on that car as I possibly can. A grand is a grand.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:57 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I Don't know what is signed on the title..but with the receipt i saw you have in hand ( no matter how lame it looks) it is a promissary note sense you have a title to back it...Many professional Pic guys will go after the car for a fee and bring it back to you or you go to them...i mean they are in AND OUT with their snatch trucks...done had to do that myself. also thats another headache you have to worry about when buying something with no title,,,,you just don't ever know..thats why a man will stay away.

so my opinion of the car as i have seen it ..if its worth $13,500 to wayne without title its worth $14,500 with title... ( hands down)

just my take on it...i wish you guys luck...cause someone is gonna reach a sticking spot sooner or later DEPENDING ON WHO DOES THEIR HOME WORK AND WHO DECIDES TO COMMITT AND ACT 1ST....so the ball is in you court firebird89 how agressive you gonna take it ?

and again WAYNE I WOULD PAY HIM AND GET TITLE. its a no brainer if i were in your shoes,,you'll love this advise at resale time..trust me.

Good Luck...
Old 03-03-2009, 12:40 AM
blownbbc
APPRENTICE

Default what to do

not to get in the middle of this but was making a deal to buy car,and dont want a tow truck picking it up at the track becasue of a dispute between 2 outher people, i was more concerned about the posting about it not being a 18deg sbc which one has the docs on the motor info part numbers build shop ect,,,thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 04:09 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

so what about the 18 degree motor??

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-03-2009, 05:16 AM
firebird89
JUNIOR BUILDER

So what about the 18 degree motor is the fact that a 18 degree motor would make the car worth more. 18 degree parts are much more expensive and make more power. He's lying about it--that's the whole issue. If your buying a 18 degree motor, that's what you should get, not a 23 degree motor, which is what it is. Not hard to figure this dude out.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

firebird, that question was aimed at him, not you. he still hasnt expained why he is advertising an 18 degree motor when it doesnt have one. sorry for the confusion. I quess since you still have the title and he doesnt then the story shifts more your way. I sent him a message asking if the car was street legal and he replied "no" so I assume he is selling it as a "race car" only...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 AM
waynesworld154
CRAFTSMAN

the engine is not 18 degree it is a 23 degree i was told it was 18 that is why it is advertised that way but it is not i should have checked more in to what i bought so the engine is on me but the other stuff just remember the truth will come out and i am not concerned when it does

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -