delay box

Old 06-08-2009, 07:33 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

The tracks going to crosstalk is one reason I went to a 7 second dragster. That would be about right that they would go back to crossover. I think crosstalk gives an advantage to the faster car. I think crossover mode is much more fair.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:22 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
The tracks going to crosstalk is one reason I went to a 7 second dragster. That would be about right that they would go back to crossover. I think crosstalk gives an advantage to the faster car. I think crossover mode is much more fair.
I am suprised they took it away from atleast 3 local tracks for me, but to many slower guys also thought it was a advantage for the fast car. To me dont matter either way is about the same.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:14 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by dparker
I am suprised they took it away from atleast 3 local tracks for me, but to many slower guys also thought it was a advantage for the fast car. To me dont matter either way is about the same.
For a real good racer it probably isn't but for a weaker racer in a fast car it gives them alot less chance to get anse when the other car leaves. Making them take there finger off the button 2 soon or to late. Clean tree much better.
I think its an advantage to leave first with the slower because you have a clean tree on crossover mode. BUT if both go red the slower car loses because he went red first, kinda evens everything up.JMO
Old 06-09-2009, 05:44 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i know you guys are pros,but maybe you will still understand this.this is exactly why i got out of racing at pro levels. i miss the 4 speed, one eye on the tach the other on the track kinda racing. no electronics invovled. i do like ignition boxs and electeonic ignitions bit thats it for me. i now prefere the nostalga racing. when the driver and his car won races. the talent you boys have is incredeble but i think its still more like traditional drag racing., when its ol skool cars and heads up racing.drag racing has been takin to heights and speeds never dreamed of 20 yrs ago.but at what costs.it ( to me)became faster but not near as much fun.i know all things change but not always for the better. hell im just gettin old and missin the old days.my wife and i took a trip down memory lane the other day. took my son and his girlfriend with us. they all come back. i wanted to stay but they wouldnt let me.goodluck this season to all of you, but im goin to look for gasser reunions this season.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:29 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I definately see where your coming from outlaw. Me and a good buddy of mine are partnering in building a southwest super charger right now. Its a 477 with a Littlefield 1471 Hi-helix blower, pontiac big chief heads, Donavon aluminum block. NO ELECTRONICS.
But I like the challenge of the electronics also, maybe the generation of computers being upon us helps. You know to me outlaw fast is fast and both give me a woody. I just want to be on top, even if it is just in my little world. Its killing me that this last week I got out run by the same guy that took over the points lead from me.
I guess everybody looks and races differently, that's what makes it such a great sport. Any chance you want to make the first pass in this blown dragster? It doesn't have any electronics, like you said. lol.
take care outlaw