BEWARE OF gonyea1320 (#63729)

Old 12-31-2008, 06:26 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

the seller says and i QUOTE (I HAVE SOLD A LOT OF PARTS ON THIS SITE NEVER ANY JUNK.) YET ONLY ONE HONOR PAYMENT.doesnt sound like a lots of parts being honor paid..if the parts are as good as you say.and the buyer is willing to pay shipping both ways. Heck just refund his money. repost them.and resale them...and you look good.if not.then you look like a Buttt o
Old 12-31-2008, 06:34 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-31-2008, 07:28 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

My first response to the pic of the dampner was Dammnn!!! Looks like hammer marks to me. Maybe he sent you the wrong balancer. But come on scorpion to sue is over the top. Its not an item I would want on my car, but he didn't go into detail on it either. His idea and mine would be totally different on good shape. Here's his ad:

I HAVE 2 BALANCERS 1 IS A B.H.J INTERNAL AND 1 IS A ATI EXTERNAL BOTH IN GOOD SHAPE WITH SFI STICKERS $125.00 EACH OR BOTH FOR $200.00 PLUS 9.95 SHIPPING

I think he should refund the money just to be honorable. But to sue over this is ridicules!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:57 AM
MManer
APPRENTICE

Maybe this will help.

Subject: Re: ATI Super Damper
Re: Ad #1399350 - BBC INT BALANCER
NO WHEN WE FRESHENED THE MOTOR WE WHENT TO ALUMINUM RODS SO WE ENDED UP GOING TO INTERNAL BAKANCE. THE BALANCER IS IN GREAT SHAPE THE FACE STICKER ON FRONT IS WORN FROM A CRANK TRIGGER HUB MOUNTED ON IT. OTHER THAN THAT OK. LET ME KNOW 240-315-5641 THANKS

2008-12-14 09:39:09] MManer wrote:
> I'm interested in the balancer. Was it ever installed on a motor that grenaded,and is the sealing surface in good condition? Thanks
> Mike
I don't see how anyone could consider that damper to be in "GREAT" shape.
Mike
Old 12-31-2008, 08:20 AM
gonyea1320
SHOW GUEST

Default USED PARTS

I'M SORRY BUT THE HOLES YOU ARE SHOWING ARE FACTORY HOLES. THE DAMPNER WAS NOT LIKE THAT WHEN I SHIP IT TO YOU. YOU MUST OF DID THAT BECAUSE YOU DID,T LIKE THE LOOKS AT FIST. I,M NOT GOING TO GET INTO A PISSING MATCH OVER THIS. HAD YOU NOT HAVE MADE SO MANY THEATS OVER THE PHONE AND ELSE WHERE IT MIGHT HAVE WORKED WITH YOU. ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO GET INVOVED FEEL FREE YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME. ALSO PAYPAL EVEN AGREES WITH ME AND IS NOT REFUNDING HIS MONEY BACK. I KEPT ALL THE PHONE MESSAGES HE SENT TO ME I CAN'T HELP I HAD NO PHONE SERVICE. I HOPE NOBODY ELSE SELLS YOU ANY USED PARTS I WOULD HATE TO SEE THEM GO THRU THIS BULL LIKE I AM. YOU BEEN A MEMBER HOW LONG A MONTH. ALL I HAVE TO SAY ON THIS SUBJECT.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
My first response to the pic of the dampner was Dammnn!!! Looks like hammer marks to me. Maybe he sent you the wrong balancer. But come on scorpion to sue is over the top. Its not an item I would want on my car, but he didn't go into detail on it either. His idea and mine would be totally different on good shape. Here's his ad:

I HAVE 2 BALANCERS 1 IS A B.H.J INTERNAL AND 1 IS A ATI EXTERNAL BOTH IN GOOD SHAPE WITH SFI STICKERS $125.00 EACH OR BOTH FOR $200.00 PLUS 9.95 SHIPPING

I think he should refund the money just to be honorable. But to sue over this is ridicules!!!!!!!!
Dparker-

There is dialogue between these two parties. As I alluded earlier if Mr. Maner can prove he got screwed, I said I would help, and the same offer would extend to you Mr. Parker.

Thats what small claims court is for. It costs about $25 to file your suit in MD and for an extra $15.00 you can have the sheriff deliver the subpoena to the defendant-preferably at their place of employment.

Let me ask you this-is a trip to court worth it if it saves YOU from being the recipient of buggered up parts in the future? or a member of the racing community?

Some things you do over principle not dollars.

Been to small claims court and have 100% success record and it wasnt over the cash-it was because some joker thought he could pull a fast one-

Bet he thought otherwise when the garnishment hit his check.

M Maner- if you want to pursue and you have reasonable proof that you wre screwed, i'll help because maybe it will protect the next guy and thats worth it.

Your call PM me if you need help.

Scorp
Old 12-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Mike,

By your pic's, info, & correspondense to the seller & his remarks, it sure sounds like you are honest & a man of principal. The pic's are compelling as the dampener looks beaten like a red head step child. If it were me, I would want to be the first person to lighten a flex plate... I would want the oppertunity to choose the area, how much material I remove, & where I do it. More importantly, I would want to know that it is done by someone else first BEFORE I purchase it.

Gonyea, being that there is a accurate story documented w/ proof (pictures) & correspondence of this transaction, my opinion is that you should refund. Not saying you Scammed Mike, but this is not what Mike expected or wanted. The honorable thing would be to make amends & reverse this deal. JMO!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:41 AM
MManer
APPRENTICE

Default Re: USED PARTS

Originally Posted by gonyea1320
I'M SORRY BUT THE HOLES YOU ARE SHOWING ARE FACTORY HOLES.
THE COUNTER WEIGHT WAS DRILLED FOR BALANCING
Make up your mind,the counterweight has no hole drilled in it. These holes have burrs on the back side from where the bit broke thru. The flex plate is also zinc dichromate coated,except in the drilled holes.

THE DAMPNER WAS NOT LIKE THAT WHEN I SHIP IT TO YOU. YOU MUST OF DID THAT BECAUSE YOU DID,T LIKE THE LOOKS AT FIST.
That makes perfect sense,I took a $350 dollar damper that I bought for $125 that was in GREAT shape except for a useless decal and I beat the hell out of it, on the off chance that I could get a refund for it.
I,M NOT GOING TO GET INTO A PISSING MATCH OVER THIS. HAD YOU NOT HAVE MADE SO MANY THEATS OVER THE PHONE AND ELSE WHERE IT MIGHT HAVE WORKED WITH YOU.
The "Theats" I made consisted of telling you this situation was going to get worse. And I would say that has happened.
ANY ONE WHO WANTS TO GET INVOVED FEEL FREE YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME. ALSO PAYPAL EVEN AGREES WITH ME AND IS NOT REFUNDING HIS MONEY BACK. I KEPT ALL THE PHONE MESSAGES HE SENT TO ME I CAN'T HELP I HAD NO PHONE SERVICE. I HOPE NOBODY ELSE SELLS YOU ANY USED PARTS I WOULD HATE TO SEE THEM GO THRU THIS BULL LIKE I AM. YOU BEEN A MEMBER HOW LONG A MONTH.
ALL I HAVE TO SAY ON THIS SUBJECT.
All I can say is I am thankful for this forum,and the help those of you here have offered, especially Scorpion. I hope that everyone that see's this situation as I do will remember Ralph Leo Gonyea Jr. and the kind of man he is. Maybe with any luck, word will get out around his part of the country as to his real character. Keep this thought in the back of your head Ralph. Karma's a bitch!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:42 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with Rigsby refund is the honorable thing to do, i have read all this and sat back, but from what i have seen you need to make it right!! As for the hammer marks they aren't fresh, they have dirt on then not shiny as they should be if he done it!

'' JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 12-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I have never understood why anyone would beat a dampener on with a hammer. :?

From the looks of that one I'd guess someone was too lazy or stupid to run a hone through it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -