Which way is cheaper and/or better

Old 08-05-2011, 12:05 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default b

depending on what you want to do in a couple of years. if you want to stay in the slow range buy something to do that.but if you want to go faster as you learn[which you will want to do]by a "roller" and install what engine/trans you can afford and build on that. my first dragster was a front engine car that we put a stock 355 sbc in it and ran 10s with it no problems at all! added thru the year roller rocker arms,bigger camshaft,better intake and carb,etc... you get the pitcure buy something that you can go faster in later on and your ahead of the game.right now i have our altered for sale on here for 5500.stick a stock 454 with a 3500 stall convertor in a stock powerglide and go racing!heck a friend of mine bought a crate motor from them gm guys a 520 i believe stuck it just like he got it out of the crate into his altered and he has a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty on it! get a engine builder to do that for ya!