HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND TO INSULTING OFFERS????

Old 04-21-2010, 02:41 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND TO INSULTING OFFERS????

I ADVERTISE MY JR DRAGSTER COMPLETE WITH 8.50 PACKAGE FOR A STEAL AT $5700. IT IS A NICE CAR AND WON BEST ENGINEERED AT A SUPER CHEVY SUNDAY EVENT. IN MY OPINION, THE PRICE IS FANTASTIC FOR A CAR THIS DETAILED AND COMPLETE. I SAY I WILL TRADE IN MY AD. HERE IS MY ISSUE. A GUY REPLIES TO MY AD ASKING ME IF I WILL TRADE FOR A 70cc DIRT BIKE. I LOOK AT HIS PROFILE AND HE HAD BEEN A MEMBER FOR 2 DAYS. MY REPLY WAS "ARE YOU SERIOUS?????????????????????". SO TODAY HE REPLIES AGAIN, TWICE!!!

YES I AM
&
WANNA TRADE????????????

NOW I AM ALL FOR GOOD DEALS, BUT ASKING ME TO TRADE MY JR FOR A USED DIRT BIKE YOU ARE ASKING 2K FOR SEEMS RATHER INSULTING TO ME. I KNOW I CAN GO BUY PRETTY MUCH ANY 70cc DIRT BIKE I WANT WITH 2K AND HAVE LOTS OF CHANGE LEFT OVER. I THOUGHT MY FIRST REPLY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MY POINT ACCROSS IN A SEMI-NICE WAY.............BUT I WAS MISTAKEN. WHAT DO YOU SAY TO PEOPLE LIKE THIS WITHOUT BEING A TOTAL A$$??????????? AFTER ALL, THEY HAVE TO KNOW THEY ARE INSULTING AND STUPID........DONT THEY??
Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

i just would have replyed.. sure and how much boot money are u kicking in !!!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Paul,
I just ignore them, some people actually think theres a sucker born every minute! if he keeps buggin you just block him and the problem is solved. I have had people offer me the biggest pieces of sh*t for some of my cars and I dont let it bother me, in fact sometimes I laugh my ass off. there was one guy out of the Chicago area that has a small block chevy powered Isuzu Amigo, he thinks the POS is worth $20K all day and obviously has offered it up for trade to everyone. I replied back that I would take the Amigo and $20k for my prostreet 67 Camaro and he had the balls to come back with "well those backhalf camaro's are dropping off in value rapidly and are worth half of what they were 2 years ago". my reply was "yeah, kinda like the NADA value of your POS Isuzu, let me know how that works out for you!"
I never heard from him again! :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-21-2010, 04:08 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Never just ignore and offer. Treat everyone like they have cash in hand to make a buy. If they make a stupid offer simply reply you would take the trade and x amount of cash that would make you happy. If you don't want to trade, tell them it is a trade your not interested in. I have sold many items that I was first asked to trade for something else. If people have interest, they will come up with cash.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Insulting offers

I disagree with treating every offer as a serious offer,Some of these clowns are either Stupid or just like pushing buttons..I had a Clown offer me $6500 for a turnkey Certified Dragster & Trailer??? I wouldnt have sold it to him for the asking price after that...I just Block them & forget "Em" JMO Nothing wrong with serious offers but theres a difference between serious offers & Ignorance..
Old 04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

I would say, if the most aggravating thing about your day was being low-balled on a Junior, it was good day..

Other than that, I find the word "NO" to be quite effective..
Old 04-21-2010, 04:25 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by ccperf721p
I would say, if the most aggravating thing about your day was being low-balled on a Junior, it was good day..

Other than that, I find the word "NO" to be quite effective..
X2
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by harbone66
Paul,
I just ignore them, some people actually think theres a sucker born every minute! if he keeps buggin you just block him and the problem is solved. I have had people offer me the biggest pieces of sh*t for some of my cars and I dont let it bother me, in fact sometimes I laugh my ass off. there was one guy out of the Chicago area that has a small block chevy powered Isuzu Amigo, he thinks the POS is worth $20K all day and obviously has offered it up for trade to everyone. I replied back that I would take the Amigo and $20k for my prostreet 67 Camaro and he had the balls to come back with "well those backhalf camaro's are dropping off in value rapidly and are worth half of what they were 2 years ago". my reply was "yeah, kinda like the NADA value of your POS Isuzu, let me know how that works out for you!"
I believe I had the same guy offer me his Bad A$$ Amigo for my car when I was trying to sell or trade. Sometimes you just have to laugh at how stupid people can be sometimes and "You Can't Fix Stupid" Just shake it off, I think that is a great deal on a Jr.

Chris
Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Paul,
Suckers are on both sides of a sale ya know...

TRUE STORY: A guy that used to work for my father showed up with a decent looking chevy half ton work truck. When asked How much he paid for it he answered "The guy was asking $1200 O.B.O so I gave him $1500."

:? :?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:39 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND TO INSULTING OFFERS????

Originally Posted by blownalky3
WHAT DO YOU SAY TO PEOPLE LIKE THIS WITHOUT BEING A TOTAL A$$??????????? AFTER ALL, THEY HAVE TO KNOW THEY ARE INSULTING AND STUPID........DONT THEY??
A simple 'no thanks' would of surficed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -