offset pinion

Old 12-25-2007, 06:14 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Hey,Lively.Iknow about the Ford rearends,I am using one myself,remember .My car is on RJRides.Got some more stuff on there.Gonna get my FED up soon,hopefully.I need to check on yours on RJRides.Any progress lately?
Old 12-25-2007, 06:28 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO MUCH LATELY[ I DO CONSTRUCTION WORK AND TRYING TO BEAT THE WEATHER ]---I NEED TO BUILD MY REAR END AND LADDER BARS NEXT[ HOPEFULLY IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!!!]-- 8) 8) -LOOKED AT YOUR RIDE AND LIKE IT ALOT[ I DO LIKE SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND YOU HAVE THAT/ I DID LIKE THE FLAMES THO BEFORE YOU REPAINTED :lol: :lol: [I AM OLD SCHOOL I GUESS/ I GUESS I AM OLDER THEN I THINK :lol: :lol: ]---LIVELY
Old 12-25-2007, 06:32 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I sprained my ankle when I was 17,and stayed home from school on crutches to paint those flames.Kustom Krylon :lol: When I went to the larger tire I had to stretch the rear wheel openings,thats when it got repainted(DP90)New flames coming soon Cars tubbed now Wish I had went straight axle on it.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:28 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Talked to a tech at Strange Eng. today about the 12 bolt centers for the 9".He said that the pinion is offset the same amount on both of them.The only difference is the pinoin is more center of the ring gear,so it's 3% more effecient than a 9".And the 12 bolt weighs 8-9 lbs less than a comparable 9" unit.