Response to "I think I did the right thing".

Old 07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
nemesisracing
JUNIOR BUILDER

I can say that I have only chatted with Brian on this forum but as often as he is on here, it is safe to say that anyone that visits this site on a semi-regular basis will know that "bjuice" is a regular here. I have never seen any negative posts about Brian at all and I can honestly say that if he were selling a high dollar item that I was interested in buying that I wouldn't hesitate to send him the money WITHOUT seeing the product. Brians word is good enough for me just based on what I have seen on this website.
Maybe the two of you just got off on the wrong foot, but I would trust "bjuice"!
Mike
Old 07-03-2007, 06:33 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

I 2nd the motion! Brian would never scam anyone. Hell, as you can se he dont need the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by davis419b
I 2nd the motion! Brian would never scam anyone. Hell, as you can se he dont need the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Davis..i wouldn't go that far( REFERENCE THE MONEY PART ) but i appreciate the thought...LMAO ...We all love a good deal..i would not have what i have today if i did not have some bargaining skills..i think we all can relate to that.....i admit i made lower cash offers to him from the start with other items to trade to make up the difference but i was only responding to his ad about "reasonable offers'.....i could have paid him $2500 from the start but why not dicker if they Open the door..RIGHT ?

Nemesisracing..you might be on to something with what you said..maybe if Steve returned his own calls instead of having his wife do it for him ,we might not be here right now'..My wife doesn't handle my business thats for sure..

thanks for the input guys...

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-03-2007, 06:56 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

BJuice, it sounded like a strong tranny, but for your combination i agree you need to have built to fit your needs!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by davis419b
BJuice, it sounded like a strong tranny, but for your combination i agree you need to have built to fit your needs!
You are 100% dead on..Ed ( mcracecars) told me the same thing..as i told him we get caught up saving $500 here and there and the tranny is not the place to do it...after all this fuss..i did learn something and in a twisted sense Steve did me a favor a long the way...i will go with a name brand tranny that i will know will hold up to my 632....i have went top notch all the way up to this point so i will see it thru...thanks for telling me like it is..thats why i came to you guys to begin with on this subject...You guys saved me and taught me a lesson...even at my age...LOL...

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-03-2007, 07:20 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

I do not care who the buyer had been I would have made the same suggestion to the buyer....The seller is the one that waved the red flags on this deal not the buyer...The quality of the transmission is not in question...and I think perhaps I can quote the seller and put all the light on the subject I need to tell me I was right...

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:15 pm Post subject: Response to "I think I did the right thing".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have sold many items on racingjunk..... end quote

Based on this statement and then I see the seller has made (one) HONOR PAYMENT and the key words here are "HONOR" and PAYMENT
Old 07-03-2007, 07:57 PM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

Brehmreeper

1st off you maybe a straight up guy? Just maybe bad timing on your part with your ad, and your move. But that is some serious cash for used trans.

Brian is an ex cop, and a very stand up guy here on RJ! We have all seen his projects become reality here on RJ. Reading your e mails back and forth, I to would of walked away from this purchase.

You are really pissin in a very strong head wind here on RJ

Dave
Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Tom, thanks for the link. I was in the market for a converter and powerglide for the car I'm building. I went to the website did some researching and got some price quotes and I am sold. Excellent pricing and a very professional operation. I was gonna go with BTE but I've changed my mind now. I'm calling today with my engine spec's to have my "spragless" converter built.
Thx again, Charles