Grand kids are hazardous to your health !!

Old 08-19-2009, 12:52 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Grand kids are hazardous to your health !!

This last weekend I was fixing flats on my grand kid's bicycles and naturally had to 'test drive' 'em. Saddled up, peddled out 10 feet and popped a wheelie. BUT it didn't stop at just catching air :roll:
With the full intention of riding on the rear for any number of feet that I could, that little tiny rear tire just kept moving through the rotational direction which was forward and completely out from under my old azz ops:
Straight down onto the pavement on my rear cheeks and then double whapped onto my right elbow. The resulting energy was sent along my upper arm and ended at my shoulder doing a rip and tear job on internal muscle and ligament parts. :?
The saving grace is that it coulda been a whole lot worse with major back or brain issues. I was totally spared that.......My new crew chief was right there watching and it scared the holy hell outa her. It was the HARDEST fall I've ever taken. Been whacked around in racecars a bit but not as hard as this little 'ol fall on my butt ! ops: ops:
So now I'm one arm banditing for a while.......The Old Man was smiling down on me that day, coulda ended up a vegatable.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:50 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Yes I know what you mean.. My grandson has more energy than a nitro fuel funny car...

Ya know, I bet you could of used a good set of heelie bars on that tri-cycle... LOL :lol:
Old 08-19-2009, 06:15 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

and they said that natasha richards was just a mild bump on the
snow and you know she went into a coma, now how long do
the let you out to play? you might have too much outside time,
and need a timeout, :lol: :wink: i have learned from bad
experiences to leave your grandkids toys alone, ouch :?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:56 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Ouch! Glad your ok DD, next time you better leave the bike riding to the grandkids. 8)

I had a similar experience but it was on my younger cousin's honda Z50, I'm a big guy but I just couldnt resiste the temptation to look like a total idiot on that little deathtrap - so off I went.
One wheelie later my azz was on the pavement quicker than a cat could lick his a$$.
My elbows and right knee took the majority of the blow, I had road rash from my hand to my elbow on one arm, half way down the other and a huge gash on my knee that hurt like the devil - it was kinda hard standing up and trying to look cool after that one, but I managed...lol
Stood up and said out loud, "now this is what you dont wanna do".
Cp
Old 08-20-2009, 03:13 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Years ago when we got our first mini trail Honda 50, My mom decided it looked like fun. Well mom, you are supposed to let off the throttle when you shift. At least she was in a field.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:57 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

MRI this morning revealed NO torn anything and got shot up with cortizone and sent home with physical therapy instructions. Big relief as I should be able to play at least once more before the season ends ! IF I am a good little patient. :cry: My crew chief is gonna be right on my a$$ to be good as she wants at least one good ride( in my racecar ) before winter
Old 08-27-2009, 06:16 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

yea good news now, but try that crap 10yrs from now and there
goes the hip, ha. good to know your on the road to recovery,
but did the dr tel you to stay away from the grandkids toys? :wink:
Old 08-27-2009, 06:20 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

LOLOL He even had his own grandkids toys story involving one of those aluminum RAZOR type scooters and a curb ! Seems that when aluminum contacts concrete, things come to a sudden halt !