bbc want start ?

Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 AM
clwarters
SHOW GUEST

Default bbc want start ?

my brother installed a 454 drive train from a 90 sport 454 chev truck into a 70 ss chevelle . everything ran fine for a about a year . just replaced the intake gasket . now we can not start the eng. checked the timming many times piston #2 top comp disturb point strait to it .went got new cap, coil, plugs, wires ? GOT GAS to carb - GOT FIRE to plugs . i dont get it , thing will not hit a lick rockers move so chain good and the darn thing ran fine when he pulled the intake has anyone got any help on things to try thanks ,
Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

MAKE SURE NUMBER 1 PISTON IS UP ON COMPRESSION STROKE BOTH VALVES CLOSED.POINT DIST.ROTOR BUTTON AT NUMBER ONE CYLINDER AND INSERT,YOU MIGHT HAVE TO MOVE THE OIL PUMP DRIVE A FEW TIMES TO GET IT RIGHT
Old 12-03-2010, 05:24 AM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28
MAKE SURE NUMBER 1 PISTON IS UP ON COMPRESSION STROKE BOTH VALVES CLOSED.POINT DIST.ROTOR BUTTON AT NUMBER ONE CYLINDER AND INSERT,YOU MIGHT HAVE TO MOVE THE OIL PUMP DRIVE A FEW TIMES TO GET IT RIGHT
X2...Time it off of # 1 cylinder!

TS1955
Old 12-03-2010, 02:33 PM
clwarters
SHOW GUEST

Default bbc want start ?

thanks the problem seem to be a ground wire , ahd he put the wrong intake gasket on , running fine now :lol: