BIG BLOCK HEADS

Old 03-29-2009, 03:31 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by bjuice

sorry not trying to hijack the thread..just really sold on those 3x ovals heads...

you and me both make sure you get the move valve ones, just seen a 565 go 1060hp with them.
Hammer i believe those #'s...like i said Par gets 1020hp out of his bracket series 565ci with those heads with no other speacial work to the engine..(port work etc...)...

i can remember the days when it wa a BAD jOKE to even guess a 565ci could make that kind of power out of a conventional head...un-real !! :shock:
before long a avg 565 will make 1000hp without anything special.. amazing what all these engine builders are doing now.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:41 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I am hoping you all are right on the heads since we just ordered a 2nd set for a 2nd 582 build. The 2nd motor is going to be a little different in cam choice and maybe rocker ratio. The motor that is in the car now is the 365 ovals with 1.75 T&Ds, brodix intake, 15:1 Diamond pistons, eagle crank and rod with the RM 420-117 cam shaft. Everyone is telling us that we should see 1050hp with this motor. I think Brodix is the head to go with in the bigger cubic inch motors hands down.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:39 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i say you will be all over that 1050 hp mark.

i have a 565ci 15:1 compression diamond piston's...the engine made 980hp...
now here is the kicker..its got a set of BB2 heads with 2.25's...and a 454r intake...now both head and intake have had a lot of work done to them..but none the less no-where near the 3x oval ports with the 2.35''s

PAR said i am about 60 hp low by using these heads and intake over the 3x heads....
The ONLY REASON and I MEAN ONLY..I went ahead and used these heads and intake i already had instead of spending the difference of the 3x set up is that Par told me these smaller heads would make more TQ on my 565ci and being that my car is 3300lbs with me in it i figured this could work in my favor running the 1/8th.

Next year and i am going with the 3x oval port and a sniper intake no matter what..along with a fogger....

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-29-2009, 05:42 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
I am hoping you all are right on the heads since we just ordered a 2nd set for a 2nd 582 build. The 2nd motor is going to be a little different in cam choice and maybe rocker ratio. The motor that is in the car now is the 365 ovals with 1.75 T&Ds, brodix intake, 15:1 Diamond pistons, eagle crank and rod with the RM 420-117 cam shaft. Everyone is telling us that we should see 1050hp with this motor. I think Brodix is the head to go with in the bigger cubic inch motors hands down.
Shawn what cam did ya go with on 2nd go around, the 420-116 ? I think 1025-1050 realy world power is where you will come in at, take it to a happy dyno you'll find closer to 1100. Which heads on the 2nd motor, I know we talked about the move valve location, and the 377 runner ? Havent seen ya yahoo in awhile my friend
Old 03-30-2009, 02:08 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Dave, my desk top is down and I don't know how to get logged on to messenger from the lap top. I hope to be back to my computer and give this thing back to my wife and kid.

On the 2nd build, the cam is yet to be determined but the heads will again be the 365 3xtra ovals.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
Dave, my desk top is down and I don't know how to get logged on to messenger from the lap top. I hope to be back to my computer and give this thing back to my wife and kid.

On the 2nd build, the cam is yet to be determined but the heads will again be the 365 3xtra ovals.
go to your program list and click on yahoo messenger.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: BIG BLOCK HEADS

Originally Posted by RAPPTOR23
WHAT IS THE BEST ALUMINUM BIG BLOCK HEAD??BMF,PROFILER,BOW TIE,AIRFLOW.????? :lol:
Rappttor...talk to Curtis Boggs...man knows what he is doing..http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com....get his advise on the BBC heads I have Dart Pro 1's 325's work well