my Huntsville engine blew up, then they ducked my calls!

Old 12-05-2008, 05:32 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I hear ya Ferringo and thats normally some Real good advise your giving. (seriously).But until fastfaster post some detailed information we have (all) ask him to do..or a REP from Hunstville Engines gets on here and tells their Side.The THREAD is DEAD and in IMO not worth speaking about any longer..so we might as well talk about something useful. :roll:

But One more time i will request that fastfaster get back on here and give some details ( or retract his statement) or someone who Knows Todd From Hunstville call him and tell him to get on here and tell his side...

If anyone can get one or the other accomplished that would be Great..

otherwise i have some Broke Lunati lifters for sale if anyone wants them.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-05-2008, 06:09 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Lunati

HOW MUCH? ARE THEY SHOW QUALITY?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

I would buy your broke Lunati lifters, but I already have some. Mine hit the block and broke 5 lifters before it ever went to the track. Way to go engine builder... I never saw a penny on that even though he was clearly to blame...

I want to feel bad for this guy, but I just dont have enough details to do that...
Old 12-06-2008, 12:21 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Lunati

Originally Posted by fla1976
HOW MUCH? ARE THEY SHOW QUALITY?
LOL...ABSOLUTLEY !..I show them to everyone that comes to my place... :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-06-2008, 07:17 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

You know i really don't understand some of these idiot's, A race engine builder that put's a warranty on a race engine is just asking for trouble to my knowledge no builder, engine tran's etc, put's a warranty on them, because of the abuse, Mister/Madam if you think a builder should have a warranty then you might consider getting out of racing.

MY TWO CENT'S WORTH!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:48 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
You know i really don't understand some of these idiot's, A race engine builder that put's a warranty on a race engine is just asking for trouble to my knowledge no builder, engine tran's etc, put's a warranty on them, because of the abuse, Mister/Madam if you think a builder should have a warranty then you might consider getting out of racing.

MY TWO CENT'S WORTH!!!!!!

Couldnt agree more

Steve Schmidt did put a warranty on his motors 1 year. Not sure if he still does .. just to many what ifs or lack of maitenace on motors.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

If you look into detail on those warrenties, most are a insurance policy, that a seperate company writes for said company, and, there are stipulations a mile long. Plus, it only covers a percentage of the original purchase price. For exapmple, the policy will cover up to say $4000 or $6000. If they can FIX your engine for that much, as long as the claim is approved, then your good to go. If not, then, there is gray area, and it would be up to the engine shop to eat any additional money involved. And trust me, YOU the customer, are paying for this warrenty/insurance policy. Not the shop.

I think to many guys think that warrenty means, I can beat the living death out of my new engine, and, if it blows up, I call up said engine shop, and they say, " Oh shoot, you broke her huh? Ok, we will ship you a new one, have a nice day". NOT. Most times, its simply a meaningless, worthless empty promise, used as a marketing ploy, to get you to go to them, instead of somewhere else. One of the biggest jokes in engine warrenties, is the GM crate engine warrenty. Good luck getting anything out of them.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

AMEN BRUTHAS...

Fastfaster... what is up? no DETAILS...plead your case man. The longer you avoid the question, the more you look like your trying to hide something. There is something missing here... did you spin a bearing? What HAPPEND????
Old 12-24-2008, 12:22 AM
nova72
JOURNEYMAN

why is the whole story not being told here? what happened to the motor?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Just a Thought

Originally Posted by nova72
why is the whole story not being told here? what happened to the motor?
If I were going to guess; I'd say that the Engine Company and the Complainer had a little offline chat, and neither wants to have anything else said.

Thats what typically seems to go on with suddenly dropped threads; or at least those that started like this one.

What might we deduce? Perhaps some shared blame.

Later,

Scorp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -