fuel pressure bouncing

Old 06-09-2009, 11:33 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

Default fuel pressure bouncing

Noticed this last weekend at wot the fuel pressure was bouncing all over the place never dropped below 6psi but was bouncing in between 6-8 psi never had this happen before.....fuel filter has about 100 passes on it usually get alot more life out of it.......fuel pump is electric aeromotive and set around 8 psi cold.......regulator is holley big reg with two seperate feeds lines off of reg to carb....thanks in advance
Old 06-10-2009, 03:18 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Never had mine do that at wot. but bounces about 1/2 lb at idle. I thought that maybe it is the needle and seat opening and closing.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:40 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Could just be a bad gauge, if not that, regulator would be next place I'd go.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:56 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

u may want to look into how much line pressure the regulator is having to try to hold back.call aeromotive and see how much,then look up holley and ask if regulator can hold pressure back.

i have a superflow(now called magna fuel) and they said their pumps have very high line pressure(think i remember about 24lbs pressure) and i found out hard way the cheapy holley regulator could not hold it.actually aeromotive said their regulators would be marginal.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM
fishman1
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by russ67chevelle
u may want to look into how much line pressure the regulator is having to try to hold back.call aeromotive and see how much,then look up holley and ask if regulator can hold pressure back.

i have a superflow(now called magna fuel) and they said their pumps have very high line pressure(think i remember about 24lbs pressure) and i found out hard way the cheapy holley regulator could not hold it.actually aeromotive said their regulators would be marginal.
Pump is a aeromotive ss 11203 good to 750 hp i have 600
fuel pressure it puts out 14 and 140 gph

the regulator is holleys big one not the small one can't remember part number........thanks