Scammer: unifiedracing (#61374) Buyers Beware!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:36 PM
h2speeder
SHOW GUEST

Default Scammer: unifiedracing (#61374) Buyers Beware!!!

Hello all, I "bought" his 555 musi motor back on 6/14/2008 sending him a $500 deposite. He assured me I was the new owner and we agreed to work out the final payment/ shipping details in a couple of days. I sent him an additional $400 payment on 6/19/2008 with the intention of picking up the motor with a casheriers check for the balance on 6/21/2008. Once the weekend came he made up an excuse that he had to leave town and couldn't be there. I said ok, lets do it next weekend, which he agreed to. I was in contact with him almost daily and he assured me everything was ok and that I could come get the motor that next weekend. Well as the weekend approached he came up with the excuse that he didn't have the motor out of the car yet and couldn't find anyone to take it out, I stated that I wouldn't have a problem pulling the engine myself. That's when he said the motor had some metal shavings in the oil, so i couldn't come get it untill he figured out what was wrong with it. After about a weeks more of excuses/lies he finally sent me an e-mail saying the deal was dead and he was keeping the motor. (Sounds suspeciously to me like he was double dipping selling the motor to more than myself.) All the while he had the motor listed for sale of e-bay, which i found out later. Also he never updated the listing on here saying the motor was sold waiting for pickup hence the double-dipping! You guys have any suggestions? [/b]
Old 07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
tommysears
APPRENTICE

did you get your $900 back?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:06 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

PLEEEEEEEEASE PUT THE ADD### AND MORE INFO ON HERE!!!

THIS GUY CROOKED YOU AND YOU HAVE NOT SAID WETHER YOU GOT YOUR MONEY BACK OR NOT!!!!!!?????????

MORE INFO[ YOURS TOO]--NEWCOMER YOU KNOW!!
WE WILL HELP WHEN WE CAN 8) 8)
THANKS LIVELY
Old 07-09-2008, 05:19 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Wow that sucks. I too would like to know if you got your money back.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:19 PM
h2speeder
SHOW GUEST

As of this time i haven't recieved my money back and the ad has been taken off, but he still has other stuff for sale on here I believe.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:23 PM
h2speeder
SHOW GUEST

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I fully intend to turn this over to the Authorities/ legal system and see it through to the end!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:04 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I messaged the other party involved and asked him to come in and tell us his side of THIS deal.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/61374 Profile

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/12455...rip-Vette.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/12563...ith-shift.html

His adds

Lets see if he shows up

Tom
Old 07-11-2008, 06:18 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

H2speeder, I cannot hand you $900 back. However, I do have an add on here for a 548 BBC. You can look at my ad. If you are interested, I would be willing to help you out. If you are interested, sent me a PM thru the forum or email me at [email protected]. I hate to see anyone ripped off, especially a fellow racer.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:11 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Well,Marcus messaged me back,claiming he doesn't know me or what I am talking about,this is tyipical.

One thing you can do is call the Police in his neighborhood,maybe they can reason with him,before this goes much further.

h2speeder, call here,I bet they can raise Marcus.

Palisades Park Police Department
275 Broad Ave Ste 1, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

(201) 944-0900

Of coarse h2speeder,you'll need proof of what you sent to Marcus,before they will go knocking on his door.

If you get no satisfaction,you'll have to file internet fraud with him through the legal system,meaning take him to court.

Since Marcus likes to travel,he'll have to TRAVEL to your neighborhood to go to court.