BIG BRODIES???? WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Old 03-24-2008, 09:34 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

Thanks heaps dave and good luck with your cars.and trust me evan if i can only make 800RWHP im still gonna have heaps of fun running her in.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:00 PM
LuckyDawgRacing
CRAFTSMAN

I'll admit I'm using brodix bb-2x's without port work and the chambers are crap but my 2850 car with a stick trans goes 8.8's with a best so far of 8.79 and this was with 588 cubes. So, yeah with the right heads you could make more power but for a bracket car it is definitely in the top half of most fields.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:06 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

Thats what i like to hear . Thanks mate
Old 03-25-2008, 05:09 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by LuckyDawgRacing
I'll admit I'm using brodix bb-2x's without port work and the chambers are crap but my 2850 car with a stick trans goes 8.8's with a best so far of 8.79 and this was with 588 cubes. So, yeah with the right heads you could make more power but for a bracket car it is definitely in the top half of most fields.
This is exactly what Frank was saying all along (in a general statement).......GEEEEZZZZ..

Dont Worry i got it 2 days ago Frank.

and for the record ( i will not say names) but there is a close friend of mine on this site and other sites that runs 4.90's/5.0's with a 632 and conventional heads in a 2500lb door car........(there is a little NOS invloved) but still lays it down with those heads..

jrthone i think you have the picture here..bolt it up and run the dog piss out of it...

when you decide to go heads up racing and win each race..then go for the 20,000 head,intake,valve train set up.

geeez over here i am seeing grocery getter 4 bangers winning these brackets against 5 seconds cars...thats why i will not touch bracket racing with a 10 ft pole...but if i ever did...my wife has a v-6 chevy pick-up i will go try my hand...
:roll:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-25-2008, 06:21 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

yea mate i do have the picture.

Thanks

James Hone
Old 03-26-2008, 04:42 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Frank of Advanced performance has given some good sound advice, So has Zipper and the others here.

Let me add something for you all just in case you don't already know this. Build it for higher rpm and give it a good strong lifting cam, with approiate valve springs and watch the small head build horsepower it is not supposed to be capable of once you get the revvs up. You can trick the thing into thinking or performing better than it would be under designed conditions. A good intake manifold is important.

Ever wonder how a stock class SB Chevy or (?) can revv so high and make so much horsepower with a stock engine and limited head mods?

If you do ever contemplate buying a new set of BB Chevy Conventional Heads, in my opinion there are none finer FOR THE MONEY than the ones done by our own Curtis Boggs at Race Flow DEvelopment (RFD).
www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Ed
Old 03-30-2008, 03:25 PM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

Just to let you guys know.I was able to swap the BB-2 Xtras for a set of New BB-3 Xtras(upgraded to 1.645 spring which is the .850" lift type) and had to pay the differance.These should be alot better that the BB-2 Xtras especially after a good port job.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:45 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jrthone
Just to let you guys know.I was able to swap the BB-2 Xtras for a set of New BB-3 Xtras(upgraded to 1.645 spring which is the .850" lift type) and had to pay the differance.These should be alot better that the BB-2 Xtras especially after a good port job.

Very good deal for you.. I think you wont be 2nd guessing what if now, them are good heads. It should go well into the 1000 hp mark now.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:30 AM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Heads

Good choice James, out of the box these are equal to what you would get out of the BB-2 XTRAS ported. Glad you went with the spring upgrade.

Let us know what that HOT ROD runs when you get it done!

Good luck