Margaritaman by request...dial up, you've been warned!

Old 09-29-2007, 07:52 PM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Margaritaman by request...dial up, you've been warned!

It was requested of me for more pics and info on my car. Far be it from me to say no! I'm always happy to share info so if you see anything that interests you and you want additional info please ask. This is compiled from various posts.

Best pass with 75hp shot of nitrous
85 degrees / 35% humidity / 2402 corrected altitude
.618 r/t
1.436 60'
4.117 330'
6.324 1/8
111.35 mph!!!

All race photos courtesy of Mike Morgan Photography

I spent all that time at car shows last year figuring out what I was going to do to the car in the off season. Finally came down to :1) New exhaust to let the motor breath, 2) certify the cage which meant stripping the interior and welding some new additions to the cage, well hell, since the interior is out lets try our hand at a DIY interior. I'm reasonably talented and creative so here it is...
New interior:

Old interior. Ya, I like the new one better too.

Suede is cool, but you have to brush it which I obviously haven't done. The headliner IS THE ONLY PART I farmed out. It looks like the headliner is loose, it isn't, it's tight as a drum, it's the shadow that makes it look that way.

Trunk came out pretty cool too!

Old trunk pic for comparison

New handmade headers - My buddy did those - 2" to 3.5"

And while I was waiting my space in line for the exhaust I pulled the A arms and had those plated and had the spindles ceramic coated.

I designed and built this shifter mount and it is oh so confortable to shift now.

Overall I'm very happy with it. As mentioned the headliner was farmed out. Thanks to Mom for her sewing machine and guidance.

Thanks for looking. I think I finally nailed the editors down on a date and they tell me the show queen will be in the upcoming January issue of Super Chevy which comes out the 3rd week in November. The pics were shot in July so it's been hard to not get excited. So keep an eye out.

MM
Old 09-29-2007, 08:03 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Awesome! Nice show-n-go...
Old 09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Looks really nice Jeff,nice details

Where is the margarita machine?Didn't see it in the trunk :P

So whens the smaller pulley going on the blower?

Wow that thing hauls the mail

Job well done Jeff
Old 09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brother OMG that is fine fine fine what can I say as for Super Chevy it in my box ever month so want miss that.Its going to take more then once to take all of this hotrod in. What kind of muffler and size did you go with.I put 4" bullets on mine and it sounds like a ProMod car. Well that is just plan fine. Job very well done. I am proud for you.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:26 PM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Thanks!
Currently the pulleys are 47/47. The "smaller" pulley goes on this winter when these not so race ProComp heads come off and are replaced with a particular set of 210 AFRs with Jesel Sportsmans. Current head gaskets are your run of the mill .039 Felpros and how they made it this long is a mystery to me.

The exhaust is all custom. I had Spintech builld the mufflers. They're only 2.5" thick and are LOUD. The headers were built by a long time near and dear friend, Mitch Howe. The headers are 2" (on adapter plates) to 3.5" round into the muffler and 3.5" oval out of the mufflers.

Mitch also helps to create everything I can think up in the metal department. He is a TIG welder extrordinaire! He is the ONLY person I let work on my car.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Oh my god this is nnniiiiccce,nice, I love 66-67 chevy 2's man I want one for my wife to drive, ya right! no she had a 69 before we were married. I want to prostreet a 66-67 nova,(chevy 2) and go to some cruises, I kind of miss the street just a little.but GREAT CAR , GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!! David.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:09 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Jeff with the new heads and smaller pulley what is your new goal for spring. Looks like you've got some good numbers now but like the rest of us it's never enough. What trans are you running gear an converter stall and gear in the rear. Well I hope it all works out like you want it too.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:47 AM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by woodsman
Jeff with the new heads and smaller pulley what is your new goal for spring. Looks like you've got some good numbers now but like the rest of us it's never enough. What trans are you running gear an converter stall and gear in the rear. Well I hope it all works out like you want it too.
I'm set up for the 1/8th right now with 5.00s and a spool. The converter is another custom piece built by The Converter Shop out here in Chino, CA. Right now on the brake it stalls at 3600. I'm going to build yet another center section with 4.71s for the quarter. Trans is a TCI manual 400 rated for a lot more hp than I have.

Goals: With the 5.00s in the 1/8th I want a 5.99 or better and in the 1/4 I want a 9.99 or better. Should be attainable as with the new heads I will be able to rev higher. Thanks for asking.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:08 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Jeff,

What are your front buckets?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:47 AM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Carl, The front seats are Kirkey Pro Streets 17.5". Covers are my doing. The seat bases were made by me and welded by Mitch out of 2" sq. aluminum. If you're asking about the old interior, those are out of a Pontiac Grand Prix (minus head rests) and now reside in a buddies 67 Camaro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -