MORE BOGUS ADS

Old 02-24-2014, 04:59 AM
croker
SHOW GUEST

Default MORE BOGUS ADS

I'ts getting to the point ,that half the adds on here are bullshit come on RJ start weeding these assholes out!!!!!!!!!!!! #182145536 and #182145528,notice prices, join date, and diff contact email addresses!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:54 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: MORE BOGUS ADS

Originally Posted by croker
I'ts getting to the point ,that half the adds on here are bullshit come on RJ start weeding these assholes out!!!!!!!!!!!! #182145536 and #182145528,notice prices, join date, and diff contact email addresses!
Really? You think its RJ's responsibility. come on get real! No need for RJ to be responsible for your judgment.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:25 PM
croker
SHOW GUEST

Default bogus ad

I'ts not a judgement,it's a fact,dont try to be a schoolyard lawyer! Trying to sell something your not in possesion of is FRAUD PERIOD !!!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:37 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Nevermind.............. :roll:
Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

You have to keep in mind how many new accounts are made on a daily basis and how many new ads are posted everyday, that's a lot of work for any website host. I have learned to "flag" these ads and you bet that in the next 6-12 hours, if its a bogus ad, the people at RJ will remove the ad.
ajk is not a schoolyard lawyer, he has been a member of this forum for some time and we all get a little defensive when people come on here trying to tell the guys on the website how to do their jobs.
If you really feel you can do a better job, feel free to start up your own website and have a go at it.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-25-2014, 05:42 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default crooks

well the old saying 2 sides....it would be very hard to police every ad placed and thats a fact, but if its your business and you own and control a website then you might think about hiring a few more people to weed this type out. I know how this guy feels, several years ago i purchased a KB short block from a guy in New York for $5K, when it got here it was a chevy 283 engine block, went through all the crap to try and get my money back but never happened, at that time i did not know about the forum. anybody want a 283 block........$5K plus shipping. It would be a judgement call by racingjunk but when they see ads posted for a $50K john deere tractor for $5K or a 70 SS Chevelle in mint condition for $6500.00 might be a big flag with those prices and a new member, by the way in my case i did contact racing junk and they had other complaints against my seller but they said nothing they could do. Really I blame myself, if a deal sounds to good to be true......well shame on me.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:34 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: crooks

Originally Posted by badfordfreak
well the old saying 2 sides....it would be very hard to police every ad placed and thats a fact, but if its your business and you own and control a website then you might think about hiring a few more people to weed this type out. I know how this guy feels, several years ago i purchased a KB short block from a guy in New York for $5K, when it got here it was a chevy 283 engine block, went through all the crap to try and get my money back but never happened, at that time i did not know about the forum. anybody want a 283 block........$5K plus shipping.
I feel for you, unless he screwed someone else prior to you how would anyone know he was a thief? Not trying to start anything here, just think it is impossible for RJ to police. Maybe the OP knows the dude is a crook, RJ does not, and I am not sure how they can
Old 02-25-2014, 03:51 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default my thoughts

Two sided sword,with out the internet we do not even get the chance to buy and sell at this level, but now the opportunities open up for the good and the bad folks to do "busniess", its sucks but true. I have been burned by internet scams and bad deals, but I have been burned by local speed shops too, so its still Buyer beware !!!!!!!
Do you home work, talk to the other party, get pictures, descriptions,honor payments, check them out on other sites, its not fool proof but it may help.....Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!