pay pal?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 AM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

Default pay pal?

I have a drag car on here for sale. Turned down a couple offers for paypal because id rather have cash. But thinking i need to just sell anyway i can. This safe? I sell lots of small stuff but never a car using paypal.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Nope, cash only. To many different ways to get ripped off via Paypal on high dollar items like that!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:54 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Nope, cash only. To many different ways to get ripped off via Paypal on high dollar items like that!
AGREEEEEEEEED !!!!! ops:
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
Originally Posted by harbone66
AGREEEEEEEEED !!!!! ops:
hell yeah...... cant beat cash.... just check all those bills for zerox paper...... lol
Old 02-15-2012, 11:18 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I've sold a couple vehicles useing paypal but would only take a small nonrefundable deposit thru paypal, the balance had to be in cash at pickup, i've also gotten screwed by buying on paypal, i paid for an injection pump, then the seller didn't ship it and closed his bank account after taking my money out of paypal, plus it cost me $25.00 to file a complaint with Ebay. That was my first and only bad deal with paypal, then i started useing a credit card instead of my bank account to pay paypal, for double insurance.

Zip.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:05 PM
ghustler
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
I've sold a couple vehicles useing paypal but would only take a small nonrefundable deposit thru paypal, the balance had to be in cash at pickup,
BINGO, they have to come pick it up so someone can hand you the rest of the money.
I would have no problem sending $500 knowing thats all I can loose in the deal once I get there and it all goes bad.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Pay Pal

I have 2 reaons I do not want to use paypal for selling or buying.

I purchased a set of new PRO TOPLINE/RHS BBC 320 heads from a individual using paypal. The guy threw in a set of titanium retainers, valve locks and valve springs to make the deal. He represented them as slightly used and complete.

What I got was a slightly used set of bare heads that were fully ported. They had some stains in the water jackets that showed they had been run a little bit. They were nice heads, just not new. He did not mention they had been ported. I am still using those heads today with no issues.

The retainers were Manley Super 7 as were the locks, but were short 2 retainners and 4 locks. They turned out to be obsolete number and Manley could not provide any to match them.

The springs were 2 short and were of 2 different kinds.

I still have the springs, retainers and locks if anybody has parts to match.

When I asked what the deal was, he just said I stole them from him so he was done with it.

Paypal said they tryed to get my money back, but he had removed all funds from his account.

As far as selling, I hear too many people say the buyer can complain to paypal and end up with your parts and your money if it is available in your account. I would like to know if this is true from someone with first hand knowledge or experience.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:53 PM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks guys I'll just wait till cash comes along!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Mark this very much true i have lost almost five grand through pay pal.

Let me try to make it short i guy called and placed a order for a new set of heads . Here is how he got me he went and got a fake id card then he went to a mail box store and set up a account with them so they could sign for his packages then when we called and gave him the tracking number as soon as he seen the heads was out for delivery he filed a complaint with pay pal .

Pay pal as soon has he did that they took the money out of my account so after i heard of this i sent pay pal all the information showing they did delver the heads .

Well guess what they would not refund my money because he closed his account . Then after getting a detective involved that's when we found out that there was no such person he went to the dmv and checked they did issue the id card with out any proof of who this person was he told me that was common for a small town .

And one more thing about pay pal if you are a verified pay pal client if some one files a complaint and you don't have thew money in your pay pal account you gave them the right to take it out of your personal account.

So be careful or it could cost you a lot.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:44 PM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

Pay Pal is ok for small transfers but I myself will not use it for anything over 250 dollars way to easy to get screwed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -