Looking for opinions here

Old 10-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Default Looking for opinions here

Getting ready to send my Enderle hat injection out to be flowed and set up for my engine changes for moving to methanol. I have trust in the shop doing the fuel system.

I will be having a custom grind solid roller cam done, I have trust in the cam grinder.

Fuel guy would like specs on the cam for setting flow and bypasses.

Cam guy says anyone asking for this info for setting up mechanical injection does not understand engines.

I have not informed fuel guy of cam guys comment.

I have my opinion. What's yours?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:54 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

When you say FUEL GUY..do you mean the man setting you your injection?..clear me up here.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-09-2007, 03:55 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Default My opinion....

My opinion is that your cam & fuel guys do what they do because they're very good at it. Your cam guy knows cams. Your fuel guy knows fuel systems. Give your fuel guy the information he wants. He may or may not actually NEED it, but if he feels he does........just my opinion
Old 10-09-2007, 03:56 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Could be the fuel guy knows something the cam guy doesn't. :wink:
Old 10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ok i figured it out on my own...Yes the info he is requesting can be used in properly setting up your injection...and the cam profile will make a world of difference how you fuel burns off.

there will be several areas your injection guy will deal with

1- Main jet
2- Nozzels
3- Barrell valve which is set up with a leakdown testor
4- feeler gage for the proper specs in setting the injector blades
5- if your running a high speed-bypass he will have to place the proper shims in that check valve

fom one injectionn guy to the other..i feel you cam guy doesn't know his injections from a hole in the wall..

my 2 cents...sorry for the brain fart on my last post.

Brian

Old 10-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
When you say FUEL GUY..do you mean the man setting you your injection?..clear me up here.

Brian
Yeppers, fuel guy is the human setting up the injection. Sorry for confusion.

I have never worked with either of these guys before but they are both highly regarded in their respective fields and both come highly recommended.

Cam guy won't cut loose details on the cam until order is actually placed and I won't be dropping the cam order for more than a month.

I want to get the fuel system done this month as his busy season starts in December - January and I would like to beat the rush.

Bit of a quandry, no?

Murff
Old 10-09-2007, 04:07 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Please keep Jim at ENDERLE INJECTION in mind if you get this thing and have problems..Jim is the man and can get you very close just by a phone call..trust me here MURFF...He worked wonders for me.

Brian

Old 10-09-2007, 04:08 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Murff
The cam guy most likely don't know what he's doing,I'd get another cam guy myself,the injection guy,I think I know who he is,am I correct?

PM me the cam guy I hope its not who I think it is.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Well that is a pickle! I guess you could see if the cam guy would allow you to place the order and give him credit card info, and get the specs with the understanding that you won't expect to recieve the cam or the charge until next month......or find another cam guy that isn't so secretive
Old 10-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by johnracer
Well that is a pickle! I guess you could see if the cam guy would allow you to place the order and give him credit card info, and get the specs with the understanding that you won't expect to recieve the cam or the charge until next month......or find another cam guy that isn't so secretive
I think in this instance I'm going to shop a new grinder. I have a local guy that did a great job on my solid flat tappet cam and has done lots of work for many competitive racers in the area.

I just thought I would try going with one of the 'name' grinders this time.

The derogatory nature of the response that I got from cam guy when asking for him to talk to fuel guy leaves a pretty bad taste.

As was recently pointed out to me, it's my money and I can spend it how and with whomever I please.

I need all of my components to play nice with each other in my engine. Shouldn't be too much to ask the same of my vendors.

Murff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -