Ed-Vanced Engines,Ed Wilson

Old 08-30-2007, 07:28 AM
r8ceredy
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Congrats!
Old 11-22-2007, 03:30 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Congratulations Ed..Very well deserved and I have said it before and say it again, Thanks for all your advice you supply and share with all the boys on RJ...It is nice to know I can even share the boards with a man of your character and caliber...
Old 06-21-2009, 09:17 AM
terryman
SHOW GUEST

Default rpm problems please help

I have a 1969 c10 pickup that I have built into a race car. I built a 600hp smallblock for it and am having some problems. I am running 12.5-1 pistons ,lunati roller cam(.680-.646 lift), no alternator and two batteries. I am running an all Mallory ignition (6al, coil,, unilite distributor and wires) a turbo400 race preped tranny and a 5500 8" Precision stall converter.I am running a ford 9" rear with 543 gears. The ignition is set to 8500rpms. The truck digs hard out of the hole and pulls hard up to about 6400 to 6700 rpms in all three gears but flattens out at that rpm in all gears. It does not bang or cut out. It just levels out like you take your foot off the accelerator. During burnout there is no problem with reaching any rpm I want, but running down the track it won't go any higher. I am told that the motor sounds really good from the line and cannot hear anything wrong. Could I be running out of battery even though it is not banging or cutting out?? I don't know what to do so any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS, Terry