My Running Scammer Diary

Old 06-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

great to hear from ya Scorp, keep your head up!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-29-2009, 05:23 PM
robert1555
SHOW GUEST

Default Deadbeat seller

Scorpion110...can you tell me if there is any legal recourse to take against a seller who took my money and didn't ship my stuff? I sent a $900 cashiers check by registered mail and have a signed receipt and I have the returned signed cashiers check and the bank where he cashed it. Can you give any advice?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:58 AM
superstock5654
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: Deadbeat seller

Originally Posted by robert1555
Scorpion110...can you tell me if there is any legal recourse to take against a seller who took my money and didn't ship my stuff? I sent a $900 cashiers check by registered mail and have a signed receipt and I have the returned signed cashiers check and the bank where he cashed it. Can you give any advice?
had the same thing happen to me on a different site, I spoke to 2 different lawyers and they both said I’m better off to write it off as a loss because of the time and effort it will cost to try to do something about it and the likely hood of something happening isn’t that good. If it was for thousands of dollars that would be a different store but for $900 it’s just not worth it. The guy I delt with took me for $700 than to top it off I got a letter from his lawyer for a public slander issue on a website because I slammed him on that message bored it’s just funny how our system works.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by superstock5654
had the same thing happen to me on a different site, I spoke to 2 different lawyers and they both said I’m better off to write it off as a loss because of the time and effort it will cost to try to do something about it and the likely hood of something happening isn’t that good. If it was for thousands of dollars that would be a different store but for $900 it’s just not worth it. The guy I delt with took me for $700 than to top it off I got a letter from his lawyer for a public slander issue on a website because I slammed him on that message bored it’s just funny how our system works.
Caveat any public postings that are not certifiably true with in your Opinion and theres not a damn thing the lawyer can do except puff out his chest and act tough.

I have gone head to head with two individuals who had their Juris Doctorate and beat them both-
Old 07-31-2009, 10:16 AM
superstock5654
SHOW GUEST

Nice well the lesson I learned is if I don’t know the seller than I’m not buying. It sucks people out there are dead beat losers that will do anything to make a dollar I just wrote it off and moved on it wasn’t going to be worth all the BS stuff I was going to have to go threw to try to get my money back, both lawyers I spoke to told me straight up the likely hood of me getting my money back wasn’t good at all. So than I would have a few hundred dollars invested in that with no guarantee of getting my $700 back.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:11 AM
pharaohwolf
SHOW GUEST

Default Hey superstock5654........

You know I had something like what happend to Scorpion, happen to me also on another major auction site and I was of that same thinking. That for my measly $159 it just wasn't worth the trouble. But you know what? That was my damn money and this guy just took it. It wasn't any different to me if he had been standing right beside me. I would feel the same about it. I did the same thing to him as Scorp did to his deadbeat seller. It's not that hard to track anyone down these days thanks to the level these kinds of sites take to make sure you put enough personal info on record to make it possible to find you even if you think your smart enough to beat it. Just remember this whether you go after yours or not. A thief's biggest ally is people who think finding and prosecuting them is a waste of their time or more money! That is why there are so many who do it. In my opinion I would rethink your decision and put another deadbeat out on his ass! :lol:
Old 08-02-2009, 08:09 PM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Scorp, I just wanted everyone who's following this string (who haven't seen my own scammer alert fable) knows how helpful you've been to me in my pursuit of the infamous Sleeths. You information, suggestions, and encouragement have been at the backbone of driving the Sleeths into hiding (at least for the time being).

One concern, I'm not certain yet, but I think I may have spotted a new ad on EBay that looks very much like the format the Sleeths use. I don't want to cause any harm to an innocent person, just be advised to be very, very careful of any ad for a pair of Holley 4224 carburetors. There is more than one ad running on EBay for 4224's, but there is one in particular that looks very Sleeth-like.

Anyway, many thanks to Scorp for being the model to emulate in the scammer-hunting business.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

NOOO WAAAY would I just write off $700. Not a Chance. That's a chunk of money to me.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:24 AM
superstreet2055
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by Tod74
NOOO WAAAY would I just write off $700. Not a Chance. That's a chunk of money to me.
The sad (but true) reality though, is that in todays world it can end up costing you thousands to collect that $700.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:00 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Yep, I have spent 5 grand to try to collect 8500. Still in the courts and not paid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -