HOW MANY PEAPLE R ACTUALLY SELLING???????

Old 06-07-2008, 04:55 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Funny Car NOT FOR /SALE!

Well Guys!
Good News?
If you had try to Find My Funny car AD# 1200283?You will Notice that its has Been Pulled from the LISTINGS?
I Have Decided to KEEP It and go a little different way for Now?To keep some of the Expence Down,i'm going to peice My 515"Injected Alky Motor back together!Looks like 2 Oliver Billet Rods,and a Set of Pistons?I could just Order 2-new Pistons but they have an Issue that i DO NOT Want to Deal with again!
THANKS
And HAVE a GREAT DAY!
Greg 8)
Old 06-07-2008, 06:55 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I bought my race truck and sold a 548 bbc on rj. didn't get anywhere near what it was worth and pid to much for the truck but that was my stupidity. when i sold the motor the guy agreed to meet me half way which was a 4 1/2hr drive for both of us. he agreed to pay for my diesel to meet him!! times are tough and some people think just because it's advertised on the internet some idiot will pay way more than it's worth! I've had good luck buying and selling on rj. not problems at all. i don't let seller ship to me, I go get it!!!!! don't care how far it is. If it's not worth my diesel cost in the savings i keep looking.
I've seen some big ci motors @ really good prices, but it's hard to spend cash right now for almost everybody!!!
i mud race and travel a lot. 200+ miles (round trip) most weekends. 4.70 gal for diesel, $100+ for racing fuel (c19) $80+ entry fee, all this to win $200- $300 if your lucky, sucks. Our truck count is way down and not many people building new trucks either. all i can say is, it's a good time for buying and not so good for selling However, there are some good people on rj.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:22 AM
humdog
SHOW GUEST

Haven't sold jack on here either and I have a gold seller status.I wonder if RJ went to a auction format that it would pickup a little.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:16 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Never had any problems selling stuff,and have only met nice guys(except one) on here.Several of them keep in touch.I live in Virgina and talk to guys in Colorado,Chicago,North Carolina and West Virgina regularly.Heck,even sold some stuf to a guy in the Netherlands and one in Australia.Pretty cool how some old car parts travel the globe
Old 06-08-2008, 04:11 PM
mikkey
APPRENTICE

Default Who's buying

U R all right it's just getting to that right person and makeing things happen like willing to meet half and so fourth I have only had 1 bad deal on hear everything has went well, and have sold several items, like u all have said its as long as u r both happy and feel confortable with the deal it will work things have started to pick up even on my end, I guess also being active on the forum helps as well, peaple get a feal about who ur Thanks for everyones input it has taken that bad taste out the eqation, I was just getten bumbed there for awhile I guess good things come to peaple that waite(for alittle while anyway)thanks again for input,Mikkey
Old 06-13-2008, 08:11 AM
hotrod1451
SHOW GUEST

check this one out.
I have my car for sale.
guy contacts me,ask all kinds of questions and then wants me to call him.
I have unlimited free long distace so i call,we talk we talk he wants the car,loves it.
hes in North Carolina,im In PA.he says hes going to call me on thursday and hes coming friday.
thursday comes and goes no call.I write him thurs night and ask him.
what happened to calling me to make arrangments for friday.
friday morn I get a reply,
thank you,I am so sorry but I have a job interview today(friday) at 1pm,will get back to you.
I write him back,your looking to buy a $30,000 car and you need a job?
no reply.
LMAO
:lol:
Old 06-13-2008, 09:57 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hotrod1451
check this one out.
I have my car for sale.
guy contacts me,ask all kinds of questions and then wants me to call him.
I have unlimited free long distace so i call,we talk we talk he wants the car,loves it.
hes in North Carolina,im In PA.he says hes going to call me on thursday and hes coming friday.
thursday comes and goes no call.I write him thurs night and ask him.
what happened to calling me to make arrangments for friday.
friday morn I get a reply,
thank you,I am so sorry but I have a job interview today(friday) at 1pm,will get back to you.
I write him back,your looking to buy a $30,000 car and you need a job?
no reply.
LMAO
:lol:
I live in NC and want everyone to know he IS NOT talking about me. Just wanted folks that read my ads to know that. It would be great if when someone is identified by location to go ahead and name him/her as well. I may lose a sale because I put I am from NC in my ad and someone that read the above post will be thinking, don't buy from him it COULD be him. I put my full name, town, state and cell phone number in ALL my ads and most of my replies.

While we are on the subject:
Ricky the auction car hauler/car builder from Ohio, just wanted to thank you for talking my ear off for twenty minutes, requesting more pictures, they were taken, we would have sent them but you did not send your email address as promised. I also went to the shop, tried the 2 front Centerline wheels on my '68 Nova, they fit. I did all this because you promised to come get the wheels on Thursday as you passed thru my area with an already scheduled haul if they fit the '68. It is now Friday. How come I haven't seen nor heard from you Ricky? I took time to accomadate a potential buyer, only to be stood up again. I know I will be stood up again, but that knowledge will not affect the next potential customer, I will always take care of my end.

To those who think I am a smart a$$, I must point out to you. I am one of the few guys that WILL return a phone call or an email, I will reply to questions, send extra pictures and so forth. You can bet you will get a same day reply if sent before 5 p.m. EST. I will do all the things that most everyone complains about sellers NOT doing. I really believe the slow down in sales on RJ is 40% economy and 60% poor business habits.

BTW my sales are virtually non existent on RJ right now. Really should require an Ebay type format for sellers on here. Been selling 8 years on Ebay, never lost a cent.

Thanks for reading my vent! 8)

Rudy Holloway
Landis, NC 28088
704 699 6998
Old 06-14-2008, 10:06 AM
mikkey
APPRENTICE

Default Who's actually selling??????

I'am with you I go out of my way on my end to do what the perspective buyer want's and I do return phone calls, I do the same I put my e-mail and phone if I miss a call I will call back maybe not write away,but I do follow up even if I'am trying to buy I will atleast call and let them know If I'am not interested after thinking about it, it's curtisy , peaple were bashing peaple in oh just for the record,I'am in OH we are not all bad seller's, I agree with the gentlemen on last post, Thanks Mike :? :? :?
Old 06-16-2008, 03:56 PM
hotrod1451
SHOW GUEST

this guy was not selling a car or anything else.
I am selling a car,he was the buyer not the seller.
my post was not meant against any seller.
I was just relating how hard it is to sell things now and how so called buyer act towards us sellers.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:40 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

No misinterpretation here, I understood full well what your post said. My point is the time spent waiting, wasting phone calls, and possibly preperation time one might have to go through to accomodate a potential buyer, only to have that someone not hold up their end. Although I mostly sell, it isn't important to me whether I am buying or selling, if you don't do as you said you would do, then you become "one of them".

Later,
Rudy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -