Sponsorship

Old 10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
kerrygouty
SHOW GUEST

Default Sponsorship

I am trying to find out if anyone knows a good method of obtaining sponsorship. I would like to turn my love of drag racing into something more, not pro but maybe travel the street nationals circuit.

I am not looking for a paycheck just help financially getting things rolling.

Kerry
Old 10-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

here is a previous conversation that may help...

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...ht=sponsorship

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-13-2010, 05:48 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Welcome to my life....please take a number.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:53 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Sponsorship

Originally Posted by kerrygouty
I am trying to find out if anyone knows a good method of obtaining sponsorship. I would like to turn my love of drag racing into something more, not pro but maybe travel the street nationals circuit.

Kerry
It's not going to happen, you have to prove yourself, before any sponsers are going to invest any money in your ride.
Case i point, just look at Dave Connely, one of the best drivers ever in Prostock, no seat for 2 yrs..

JMO

Zip.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:07 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Sponsorship

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by kerrygouty

Kerry
It's not going to happen, you have to prove yourself, before any sponsers are going to invest any money in your ride.
Case i point, just look at Dave Connely, one of the best drivers ever in Prostock, no seat for 2 yrs..

JMO

Zip.
I agree....

But yeah, you got that right Zip, Dave Connolly sure showed Greg Anderson what he was made of with that holeshot win against a losing .027 light. It was a double O 1 finish, MAN, what a race :!:

Victor Cagnazzi power and Dave Connolly's drving, perfect combo.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:48 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

I agree with the comments above. The only other way is to know somebody that knows somebody. Start asking people, all they can say is no. Good luck.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:53 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

It's kinda like trying to get a motor builder to sponsor your first motor. Not gonna happen to often. You gotta have a winning ride first then you can get some help. I do have a few friends that have gotten sponsor "help" from Lincoln Welders, food gift cards from Applebee's and Golden Corral, gift cards for gas (don't remember who from) and other kind of gift cards.

Not many can afford to (or will) just hand out cash or have it in their budget, but you can get gift cards and use each ones product which will help pay some of your expenses. You've got a better chance of getting a lot of small sponsors than you do at one big sponsor.