Snow?

Old 12-05-2009, 04:13 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Yep Like maniac said, i woke up to a white backyard, hadn't snowed since i moved here in 2005, FUNNY though a couple weeks ago i had to fog the shop to get rid of the mosquitos so i could work in the mid to high 60's , this morning 27 degrees, i don't like it.

Zip.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:40 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Its all good guys. I had to try and give you guys some chit. I am waiting to see how cold it gets where I am right now. So far we are in the low 40ºs and it hasnt even hit winter yet over here. :shock:
Old 12-05-2009, 05:30 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Snow

Its 13* Here right now,maybe single Digits Tonight?Got the Pellet Stoves stocked up in both the House and Shop.Wonder why I cant get a Funny Car Built,it all goes up in SMOKE!
Later
G 8)
Old 12-05-2009, 06:55 PM
JimmySmith
MASTER BUILDER

Default snow

Zip, if you would move back to Batesville Ms. its a no snow Maniac , I was watching SP in Playoffs last nite and you could see the field turning white. Yall can keep my share of it. Later J.Smith 4621 racing
Old 12-05-2009, 09:17 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: snow

Originally Posted by JimmySmith
Zip, if you would move back to Batesville Ms. its a no snow Maniac , I was watching SP in Playoffs last nite and you could see the field turning white. Yall can keep my share of it. Later J.Smith 4621 racing
Yes but i would have too spend a $100.00 plus in propane and an equal # in Elcetric. Last month my electric bill in La. was $22.00 and natural gas was less than $20.00, and don't forget down here i have a 34X66 sq. ft. shop VS a a 22X24 garage up there. The bill for my house in Sardis, Ms. was $33.00 electric (nothing turned on except refrig) water bill $13.50, turned of at the meter. The electric company up there are thieves (TVA), someone needs to start a class action suit against them. We are all paying for the cleanup spill of sluge in NE Tn. their mistake and it's not right.

Bottom line i would love to be back up there, racing is 3 times better, i have more friends there, but economics are better for me here.

JMO

Zip.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:30 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Snow

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Its 13* Here right now,maybe single Digits Tonight?Got the Pellet Stoves stocked up in both the House and Shop.Wonder why I cant get a Funny Car Built,it all goes up in SMOKE!
Later
G 8)
OFF TOPIC

Hey bbchevy, talk to us about the pellet stoves? I know my neice has one in WV just outside DC, who works for homeland security. She says they are very cheap to operate, like less than a $100.00 a month. If you had propane it would cost you $200.00 plus per month for a 1500 sq ft house.

Zip.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:12 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well boys its just the first week in dec. and we got alittle snow here in n. al.woke up to this crap yesterday morning.just spent 400. to get a propane tank and have it all hooked up last month to a free hired hand heater.225,000 btu worth of heat.this thing can heat up our 40 x 60 shop in 15 min. after that you have to work in your shirt sleeves. gets way to warm to be comfortable.anyone want to guess what day our heater decided to lay down?thats right. the day of our first snow our heater that i was braggin on up and quits on us and being the smart guy that i am, i gave away our jet heaters this past spring. were the heck is this globle warming i keep hearing about?I HATE SNOW i admit it makes things look pretty but its cold and my ol bones dont like cold.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:31 AM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
dennis, watch what you wish for!! :P every time it snows I am out plowing it, shoveling it, loading salt, spreading salt. usually about 12 hrs worth. SNOW SUCKS!!
I'm Right with you . SNOW SUCK Wish I can hit the lotto and get out of hear.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:15 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Snow

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by bbchevy
Later
G 8)
OFF TOPIC

Hey bbchevy, talk to us about the pellet stoves? I know my neice has one in WV just outside DC, who works for homeland security. She says they are very cheap to operate, like less than a $100.00 a month. If you had propane it would cost you $200.00 plus per month for a 1500 sq ft house.

Zip.
Zip,
I LOVE MY PELLET Stoves!!!
I have been Heating with a England Stove Works,Pellet stove for about 8-years.This makes the 6th Year that I HAVE NOT Even Lit My Propane Furnace!Thats Rite(NOT LIT)We had rufley 7 months of Winter last year,It cost me Less than 600.00 all Year!
In my 30x30 Shop with a 12'Celing I put In the Floor Heat in when I poured the Slab,but have a 100,000 BTU Propane Boiler to Fire the Boiler.This Year I picked up a Nice Used England Stove for the Shop.Nothing like a Warm Floor in the Shop,but the Propane Boiler is NOT very Efficient(WORKS GREAT)!So I will fire the Boiler a few Times a week just to keep the Concrette Nice and Warm and leave tyhe Pellet stove run most of the Time!
Less than a Bag of Pellets a Day!In the House,1500SQ.Ft.And less in the Shop.
When we 1st started burning Pellets,they were about 119.00 per Ton.Now there almost 200.00,still Cheaper than ANYTHING ELSE!
If It gets Real Cold like Last Night,just mix in some Corn and the BTU's are Much Higher!
Corn is almost 4to 1 over Pellets.And Corn is Cheaper than Pellets.9.00 per Hundred lbs.
Need anymore Info,Just Ask?
Later
G 8)
Old 12-06-2009, 12:01 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

BUT GUYS IT WOULDNT BE AS MY MOTHER ALWAYS SAID CHRISTMASSEEEEE W/OUT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -