Scammer

Old 10-22-2020, 10:00 AM
meangene
SHOW GUEST

Unhappy Scammer

Have a guy says his name is (Thomas Wester ) trying to scam people out of monies. Says he wants to buy your item then tries the send you a check and you pay the shipper out of the additional funds he sends... I have been playing with his emotions because I figured him out day one. We are into week 2 and he has sent me a bogus check for 85K. I am still stringing him along to just turn him inside out.. Called State Police last time I got one of these and they really couldn't do much..
Don't know if I should call FBI. Anybody have any ideas.. Oh yeh and he messaged me and by mistake included a text to a (Troy Hooper) whom he is apparently also trying to scam. him
If anybody knows Troy let him know please or he can call me 814 434 1798 Mean Gene.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:36 AM
coot53
SHOW GUEST

I just had the same guy contact me about a car. Funny how it just didn’t feel right. Glad to see something about him here. Thanks
Old 01-28-2021, 09:28 AM
GeriLynn
APPRENTICE

that scam has been going on since early 90's
Old 05-12-2021, 09:11 AM
aj2
SHOW GUEST

Same deal using two different names. Reported to people he is drawing chks on and they contacted FBI.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:21 PM
GeriLynn
APPRENTICE

Default scammer

Originally Posted by meangene View Post
Have a guy says his name is (Thomas Wester ) trying to scam people out of monies. Says he wants to buy your item then tries the send you a check and you pay the shipper out of the additional funds he sends... I have been playing with his emotions because I figured him out day one. We are into week 2 and he has sent me a bogus check for 85K. I am still stringing him along to just turn him inside out.. Called State Police last time I got one of these and they really couldn't do much..
Don't know if I should call FBI. Anybody have any ideas.. Oh yeh and he messaged me and by mistake included a text to a (Troy Hooper) whom he is apparently also trying to scam. him
If anybody knows Troy let him know please or he can call me 814 434 1798 Mean Gene.
sending a BAD check across state lines is a federal crime- grand theft. what is his name.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:02 PM
gregshemi
SHOW GUEST

Yea man, what has happened to racingjunk? This used to be a great place to buy and sell race parts with fellow racers. I haven't sold anything on here in several years. I just placed an ad for the first time since about 2014. All I get, non stop, all day long, is scam buyers contacting me. Its a joke. Im taking my ad down. This is total BS.
Old 05-27-2021, 04:35 AM
GeriLynn
APPRENTICE

and- you had to pay up front for the abuse.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:20 PM
JMF350
SHOW GUEST

Just received my cashiers check today from Thomas Wester. Can't believe it wasn't real!!!! LOL
The scam is still going on........
Old 07-09-2021, 04:03 AM
mikeeeTruck66
SHOW GUEST

Default Thomas M Wester Scammer

I have also been contacted by this Thomas Wester. I asked him didnt he have sense enough to change his name. What a world we live in
Old 07-24-2021, 08:06 AM
bhrobertson
SHOW GUEST

Default He just texted me

He just texted me about a race trailer I have for sale…saying he will send me a certified check and when it cleared by bank he would send his shipper to come pick it up.
Thank goodness for this thread. He needs to be stopped! I told him he has been reported as a scammer and for him to find a “real” job!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -