SOLD MY NOVA

Old 06-23-2013, 05:41 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear about both of you guys.
Any kind of hobby is a luxury and sometimes it simply has to go. Sometimes permanent and sometimes just to get things straightened out. I would never think twice about selling all my racing stuff if it came down to it. Other things have always been more important to me than toys.
My problem is racing is a drug for me. At some point I will sell it all just to get away from it. It's either 100% or nothing for me. I know some guys that can come to the races a few times a year and are perfectly content running the same times year after year. I can't do that. I have to be constantly working on fixing / trying to go faster or I'll loose interest.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:03 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I'm exactly from the same casting mold as you, Rab. All or nothing. Do it right or don't do it.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:30 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

X3. Cars (Fast and Different) cars are my VICE. Its my weak point if you will.

I have seen the Roundy Round and Drag Racers keep on with their hobby and mortgages were not paid etc...I saw more of this from the roundy round more than drag racer. Not saying some dragracers do not do it.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-23-2013, 07:01 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The term 'Speed Junky' has merit ....
Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Ok a question. I am an honest person. I told the guy that bought my car that it went straight.....it did. I bought it as a roller in 1996 and the guy told me "don't F with it it works" so I didnt....ever. The thing always always went straight. Now the guy that bought it is complaining. He says the car pulls hard right. I cannot believe that as I have driven it. It had been sitting a few years before I sold it so maybe a brake dragging? Idk.... When he picked it up, before he ever loaded it, him and his buddy were looking at the rear coil overs talking about how to lower it down....I said " it works" he said that won't change it much lowering it. Now he is saying he did nothing to it and it pulled hard right. I already used the $$ on bills. .I would bet $$ the right front brake is hanging up. I put wilwood disc brakes on it before I ran it the last time, and I did have issues with them not releasing. I finally got them to work but I only ran it once after that and the car has been sitting.I don't know the right thing to do here. That car always worked
Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I have hardly ever seen someone buy any racing vehicle and not make some changes right away. Usually they make a few passes first though. If it's been sitting that long it could be a number of things.
Shocks, springs, brakes as you already said, tires, etc. You said it's going right, Is the driver a lot heavier than you?

IMO I'd check the tires and shocks / springs before I changed anything.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry you had to sell your Vega. Had to get rid the toys too. Bills to pay etc. On your Vega, is the guy experienced? Has he checked the rear tire pressures? Sometimes it is the simplest things. :roll:
Old 06-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

He is experienced and also has a top sportsman car...outlaw pro mod type deal. He is a little smaller than me. Car is a ladder bar coil over car. I am not wanting to get involved...I feel it's a used race car bought as is....the engine cost more than he paid for the whole car....However as I said I am not a crook, and I think he thinks I lied to him. That bothers me.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Tod-

I understand you want him to be happy & feel you were honest; but maybe the buyer is not being honest with himself? A brake dragging some after sitting for 2 years is not unrealistic.

Honestly if I were the buyer, I would not call & question someones character (over a drag car that has been sitting 2 yrs) even if I had to replace the calipers/go through the brakes.

I think you are good guy. That was a "As is" deal.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:54 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

AS IS - WHERE IS - Not even close to the engine issue discussed earlier, this is something else different. It's the same deal as "It ran good when I parked it 5 years ago". You get what you got

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -