tirekickers and sidewalk sissys!!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
whitey70ss
MASTER BUILDER

Default tirekickers and sidewalk sissys!!

I just had a phone call on my chevelle I have for sale. The man introduced himself and wanted some more info on the car so I started to tell him about the car and I mentioned that I have had the car to the track and I drove it quite often and instantly he was not interested ?? So I asked him what the problem was, he said he didnt ever take his cars to the track nor would he ever??WTF!!!! :shock: How does this man enjoy his cars then? I thought the reason you put these cars together was to raise hell with them!!!! I must have missed something. He must just sit around and polish his KNOB!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

It sounds to me he is one of those guys that want a fast car but dont have the nuts to push it to the limit down the track. Must be going thru a midlife crisis.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:20 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

he was a lib ,and was going to trade it in for a cluncker
Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by montecarlo84
he was a lib ,and was going to trade it in for a cluncker
And the # 1 cash for clunker trade in program is:
(drum roll, please)
Ford Explorer

Dave
Old 08-06-2009, 05:05 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

THE BACK LOTS OF THE CAR DEALERS AROUND HERE ARE LOADED WITH LATE 90'S EXPLORERS & JEEP CHEROKEES IN CLUNKER ROW. LOTS OF TOWN CARS TOO.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:27 AM
oneowner73
JOURNEYMAN

Might have been a street racer who didn't want a car with a known performance.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

HE DIDN'T WANT A CAR THAT SOMEONE ELSE had beat the soup out of at the drag strip.Not saying you did but that probably what he thought.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:19 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
HE DIDN'T WANT A CAR THAT SOMEONE ELSE had beat the soup out of at the drag strip.Not saying you did but that probably what he thought.

X2
Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I kinda agree w/ Tod on that. It is like the ol' dirt-bike ads that say "never raced"... like it has not had the daylights beat out of it anyways. I look at it this way, if it has been raced, there is a chance it has also been MAINTAINED. I am more scared if the ad indicates Never Raced, or "needs nothing", etc... I like the ones that say "Selling for a friend"... no thanks.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: tirekickers and sidewalk sissys!!

Originally Posted by whitey70ss
I just had a phone call on my chevelle I have for sale. The man introduced himself and wanted some more info on the car so I started to tell him about the car and I mentioned that I have had the car to the track and I drove it quite often and instantly he was not interested ?? So I asked him what the problem was, he said he didnt ever take his cars to the track nor would he ever??WTF!!!! :shock: How does this man enjoy his cars then? I thought the reason you put these cars together was to raise hell with them!!!! I must have missed something. He must just sit around and polish his KNOB!

Your wrong Whitey...everyone enjoys their rides in many ways...i can get a Fix real easy just opening my garage door and looking at it sitting there....Plus there are people who just like the street crusing scene.. he might have picked up on the "raise Hell in My car" Tone and decided to spend his hard earned cash elsewhere....then polish his knob !!!..lighten up on the guy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -