no start

Old 05-27-2009, 04:58 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

POP THE VALVE COVERS AND YANK THE PLUGS.
Get number one up to TDC and make sure the valves are BOTH closed.
Check timing mark for TDC.
If all ok at this point do a compression check which will guide you which way to go from there.

Tell us what ya find ! So we can all chuckle WITH you.

Story;
I wanted to make a few easy passes at the local drag strip this Spring with my Open Road Race car. They wanted the batteries moved from inside the passenger compartment to the trunk.(NHRA rules). Did a quick and dirty to get 'em moved, towed to the strip, and it would NOT fire !??? Spun over somewhat but no bang. Took her home, switched the batteries back into the cab and ZIP - BANG she pops right off no prob.
I had performed one of those DUMBA SCHITT moves. Note moveS, plural.
#1 DSM - I had used some arc welding cable that I had around the shop to get into the trunk. Lesson ; Arc welding cable has a HUGE resistance factor !! MAJOR amp drop through the cable to the starter/ignition. Spun way slow with nothing left for ignition.:roll: :roll:
#2 - DSM - I had hooked the battery cables up in the wrong positions for using 2 batteries. I came off the pos on one batt and the neg off the other when it SHOULD have been + & - off the SAME battery. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ops: ops: ops: ops:

"NO EXCUSE, SIR !"
Old 06-02-2009, 03:28 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default FIX?

Did you find the problem? It says moved ,to where? Just curious as to the fix-
Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 AM
cubed
APPRENTICE

Default Re: FIX?

Originally Posted by wlpatterson
Did you find the problem? It says moved ,to where? Just curious as to the fix-
hi, the whole right side was way down on compression so i took head back to shop. am waiting on answer now. thank you.