Ultra Tech Race Engines (thumbs down)

Old 04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Sorry to hear that Dave and glad that you got it taken care of.
A Little story on how we met.
Yep Zip i have been using the same machinist for 30 years had a few before him a friend of mine brought him over to my garage after i blew up two engines in 21 passes and the builders wouldn't help me out well both of them is out of business now and have been for a few years .
to make a long story short my friend brought him over to look at the engine it was destroyed i thought it was a 401 AMC that i was racing back in 1978 anyway he looked at it and said i can fix it the other shops told me to throw it away there was nothing they could do with it.
Well i let him take it with him two weeks later he brought it back to the garage complete ready to go in not only that he said lets put this thing and fire it up i couldn't believe it didn't say a word on how much i owed him we put it in and fired this thing up the next day we go to the track test and tune not only did he fix it i ran over a half second faster back then 4 speed car with the amc engine and ran 10.30 witch was pretty strong back then.
Well i still use him today and he is my best friend now Oh and the price tag on fixing the engine 720.00.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:07 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

That's great to hear Ron. You can't put a price on service like that.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:07 PM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default (thumbs down)

I dont usally have anything to say about another mans work but I agree w/ you zip. Ive built my little 1500sq. shop on word of mouth because of situations like these. Seems thats all I ever get done sometimes is fix the other guys mistake's. Example: Sunday I was helping a friend of mine who doesn't get to race much these days w/ his car. When we got to the track a friend of his came up to him and told him that he was having a problem w/ his ford 347ci losong oil press. & that the engine was fresh out of the same shop for the 3rd time. Anyway, he pulled it out & brought it to me and I got it straightened out and fired it up on the test stand for them, they took it home last night. I told them that all I did was fix the problem & not necessarily make anymore power. So we will see Friday during test/tune what the other guy did as far as building more power, I know its got good oil press. NOW. Kris
Old 04-22-2009, 04:33 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

don't feel too bad David..i think anyone that has been around this racing stuff for any amount of time has been burn't by a so called Engine builder and/or chassis Builders..

sad to say but Most people DO NOT learn anything unless it cost them something....only difference is it cost some people more than others..Fast learners VS. slow learners....lol

i personally think the extra $1500 you just spent just earned you a Masters degree in life..... 8)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-26-2009, 07:56 PM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default doing good

Earlier in this post I mentioned a 347ci ford I had to fix. The guy ran it that same week on friday test/tune. pressure is still fine. Went a 6.79, 6.84, 6.80. Put 150 shot nitrous ran 6.23 was the best. I guess thats not bad for a maverick w/ 10" tires. Of coarse the other guy gets the credit. Since all of this the driver has bought the car from the owner and has me building him a Windsor now. Its good to be selective but I cant work on just one name this day. Like all three.

Kris
Old 05-27-2009, 08:32 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the engine builder, David. It sounds like a bad way to start the race year and, I'm sure falling off the ladder didn't help either. Hope your healing up OK.