I know were all in rough times

Old 12-06-2008, 03:38 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by vega34
try building this for $7500 1359714,,steve
Great Deal for someone wanting to step right into a turn key 6 second ride.

And for those of you that have never stepped in a drag car or you run this slow ricer burner crap with a loud muffler and a cold air intake..don't even try to think 6.70's is slow by no means.

Heck you almost couldn't even put my short block together for that price. :roll:
I went from a '78 Malibu that ran 14.60 in the 1/4 to the altered. My dad and brother told me "Do whatever you feel comfortable with on the first pass. Just drive it thru at 50 or 60 mph if you want, just to get used to it"
The very first pass I made, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I did the burnout and thought "That wasn't so bad.". I staged it the tree came down and I thought What hell I gonna stand on it. :shock:

My next thought, as the I could see the pavement becoming a blur was "OH MY GOD this thing is fast!!!". I''ts a 1/8 mile car. It went in the 6.70's the first pass. It took a while to get used to. It'll run in th 6.20's now. You're right. most people don't have a clue.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:29 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Speaking of AN fittings and braided hoses, you would not believe me if i told you what the total cost was to Plumb the old 632ci with Dry sump.. :shock:
Yes I would. ...I seen pics of that car with the dog house off of it.

My car is very very basic and I know what I spent.I have # 10 on mine and even those are almost $30 bucks each ...I don't have any #12 and up but looking at them on the shelf at the speed shop always makes for a GASP! :lol:

A NOS car with two fuel sytems etc...$$$
Look at ANY pro car in any venue, NASCAR upper, SCCA, NHRA, etc., and it's no wonder that new fittings manufacturers are springing up all over ! Fittings and lines can be a VERY large chunk of the overall cost of a race car. And you're a total idiot to use lowbuck offshore crap. Fuel and oil system components are NOT an area you want to scrimp on ! As is an onboard fire suppression system. MORE is better there !
Old 12-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Originally Posted by Tod74
Speaking of AN fittings and braided hoses, you would not believe me if i told you what the total cost was to Plumb the old 632ci with Dry sump.. :shock:
Yes I would. ...I seen pics of that car with the dog house off of it.

My car is very very basic and I know what I spent.I have # 10 on mine and even those are almost $30 bucks each ...I don't have any #12 and up but looking at them on the shelf at the speed shop always makes for a GASP! :lol:

A NOS car with two fuel sytems etc...$$$
Look at ANY pro car in any venue, NASCAR upper, SCCA, NHRA, etc., and it's no wonder that new fittings manufacturers are springing up all over ! Fittings and lines can be a VERY large chunk of the overall cost of a race car. And you're a total idiot to use lowbuck offshore crap. Fuel and oil system components are NOT an area you want to scrimp on ! As is an onboard fire suppression system. MORE is better there !
you guys know that...but my point was people that people who don't do this kind of thing don't. That's why some think you are crazy when you tell them how much $$ you got in a car.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:19 AM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

And lets not overlook the time it takes to build it. If your doing it yourself to save some money. Long days or nights doing something that you love to do but all the time it takes. Thats worth alot in its self.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:15 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

This is my favorite line>

There is just way to my items that are posted that are not worth what they want sorry!

Too funny,
Cp
Old 12-09-2008, 05:55 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

I guess thats what happens when you have champagne tastes and a beer budget....lol....
Old 12-09-2008, 06:27 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

its different when the shoe is on the other bigfoot but, yes, you don't
like it, go on to the next ad, when i don't want to do a curtain job,
i bid more for it and when i get it i make more money to make up
for the trouble. maybe some sellers put it up for sale to make the
wife happy, ha, and then don't sell it cause you think its too high,
and the husband gets to keep the car, (joking) the sellers sometime
struggle to make sure their happy with the price and it is worth it to
them, the bbc coming together here is using a hogan intake topped
with a mass-flo system just those are $5k combined, i have always
bought good deals here, good luck 8)
Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Boys,

I must say that I have to agree with you all. Hell, I have a box of AN fittings probably worth 3-$400.00 just trying to learn about them & how to buy the right ones.... those are just left-overs!! Anyways, let's face it... you will see overpriced cars, sale pic's of cars that are at car-shows which are under-priced by a lonely poser who does not even own them... "RAT-RODS" have a whole new meaning now days... my god, what the hell are some of these abortions I have seen??? I don't want your 89" caprice 4dr because it has flat black primer & red spray-painted wheels... put that crap on E-Bay!!! But that guy may really think he has something... he is free to post like anyone else... personally I don't like restrictions or "Socalisim"... so let him post his Caprice.

But like somone said... MOVE ON, "it is all part of the game", Do you know how much money these cars NICKLE & DIME YOU???? That is not even mentioning the TIME someone put in to it.

Yeah, "we all are in this together" but together we all know the "game"... you have the freedom here to play it, OR NOT.

Personally, I bough a BBC 69' Camaro here & got a great deal. My "great deal" may not be the same to somone else.