Deploying the chute

Old 04-25-2010, 07:55 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Default Deploying the chute

Just wondering how many guys deploy their chute at the end of the run? I was racing in the dark last year and a guy packing his chute on the return road told me that when I hit my brakes, as I went past him, they were glowing red. I replaced the pads and turned the rotors once last year and decided to put on a new chute. I had a Diest and it was just too difficult for one guy to pack. I installed a Stroud Launcher this winter and plan to deploy it every 1/4 mile run this year. I go through the lights at about 175 MPH in a 240" dragster.
What speed do you hit and how often do you deploy the chute?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:52 AM
ccperf721p
SENIOR BUILDER

At one of our local tracks we have a 1/2 mile shutdown so it doesn't get dumped, at the other I pull it for the early rounds because I tow back, later rounds I try not to pull it. 170 MPH in a 120" altered

Brakes glow even when you are not on them hard..
Old 04-25-2010, 02:42 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Depnds on shut down room...
Old 04-25-2010, 03:16 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

180 and I can usually make the first turn off at most tracks Strange brakes with hawk pads !!

I've thrown mine just to make sure it works thats about it.

You turned racing rotors ?!? Your not suppose to turn them, they are suppose to be ground down
Old 04-26-2010, 04:51 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
180 and I can usually make the first turn off at most tracks Strange brakes with hawk pads !!

I've thrown mine just to make sure it works thats about it.

You turned racing rotors ?!? Your not suppose to turn them, they are suppose to be ground down
I didn't know you couldn't turn them down, David. I wonder why? I wouldn't think it would cause anymore stresses than grinding.