Towing a 28' trailer

Old 03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I put sway bars on mine good idea IMO .. worth the money. 36ft tag didnt pull terrible without them but does pull better in high wind now.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:04 AM
Scotty2
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
I would recomend the equalizer hitch with anti sway bars for sure. Piece of mind when your towing. On the sway bars I jack up the bottom of the hitch when the trailer is conected so the anti sway bars are easier to put on. They should be level to the frame of the trailer when hooked up.
When you unhook the anti sway bars do the same, raise the hitch up while it's conected to the ball..

I also bought an electric tounge jack. It's worth the money too.
Good luck towing your enclosed.
X 2 :wink:
Old 03-18-2008, 05:48 AM
jayss10
CRAFTSMAN

I use the levelers they seem to do good enough for me ,i have a 28 ft from Proline ,but without them hangon lol.........it gets hairy when a big truck passes .......Jay
Old 03-20-2008, 05:35 PM
dcress1127
APPRENTICE

m2cw

equalizer hitch and sway bars will save your life and your investment and while you are at it, don't let the trailer guy stick you with 2ply casing and 1ply sidewalls. Get some decent tires. I've pulled trailers behind my trucks and motorhomes nearly 200,000 miles and never an incident.

God's Grace
Old 03-25-2008, 10:44 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: towing

Originally Posted by jmtire
try hauling two dragsters in 28ft,without sway control, NOW that a RIDE!!!!! We went goosenecks
That aint nothin try drivin a 40ft stacker loaded down with three racecars plus tools and tires all the way down to florida that was a hand full lol
Old 03-27-2008, 07:56 PM
flashback351
APPRENTICE

Default Good advice here.

We just got ourselves a 28 ft trailer last year and it came with the load leveling bars...we didn't tow too far last year but after reading through the comments here I'll be adding the anti-sway deal as well.
Gene