TransBrake Problem Need Help

Old 09-09-2009, 02:11 PM
sommersracing
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by gsjohnny
original was the old style tci. replaced it with the new style. i hate changes. will put it apart and see what kind of magic is in there.

thanks
Not all T-brake solenoids are the same, you need to measure them.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:33 PM
gsjohnny
APPRENTICE

say it aint so. i going to take up basket weaving.

ok. if its too short or too long, how do i make up the adjustment?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 PM
gsjohnny
APPRENTICE

new solenoid was 1/8 shorter. i made a spacer to make up the difference. it works!!! now the buick can race. and i will give up basketweaving now.
thanks for the help. you guys are great.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:20 AM
APPRENTICE

Default brake pressure

the brake pressure is maxed out at around 1800 rpm so that that won't cuase the problem it's either elect. or the solinoid. The only other thing I can think of in the trans that could be causing the problem would be in the release springs in the rev piston. Is it a probrake? do you hane to push down the brake botton to back up?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:34 AM
APPRENTICE

Default trans brake

Pressure doesn't release the brake the pressure is dumped when you release the button. when you press the button both low gear band and reverse clutches are ingaged. If the brake holds you on the line theres no pressure problem
Old 09-11-2009, 01:46 PM
APPRENTICE

Default transbrake

If you or someone else replaced they valve body they may have put in a probrake valve body where there was orianally a full tree brake. A probrake requires different hole be drilled to dump the fluid. Again pressure has nothing to do with the release the solinoid is a elictro magnet. There is no advantage using a pro brake unless you are runnig on a protree.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 PM
clwarters
SHOW GUEST

Default trans brake

i to have a problem with a 400 turbo trans brake first gear , second gear will take your breath then third will freek you out it will go hard 30 feet then bind up like trans brake trying to engage i un hooked wire to t/b still will do it ?