Need Help with Kart!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 09:41 AM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

I forgot. The front page is all the vendors. Click on forums for any help and classifieds you need.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:24 AM
mooneye777
MASTER BUILDER

Welcome and first off please do not attempt to build the Kart yourself. It would in no way be competitive in the field of professional built chassis. There is an art and method to thier madness. There is a certian amount of flex a chassis needs, and corner to corner weight needed for a chassis to work correctly. Its been about 12 years since I owned my own kart, just rent them now. I would get a hold of White chassis, or Margay, or Comet. And talk with them, White was the ticket back in my day. Also find your local track and check the class rules. They are very strict, and mandated to a very specific set up chassis wise and motor wise as well. Maybe even some racer there wanting to update and has thier old kart for sale.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

No offense but alot has changed since then. He said dirt oval karting. The margay is best known for sprint. Right now the offset chassis and tire and wheel combos are way different than a few years ago. The best thing and I think you'll agree is to go to the track ask about who's chassis does best there and who has good support. A chassis may do great around the south but not so great in another part of the country. He could "build" a kart by buying chassis, engine, and all the other parts but it would be a bigger investment and just starting out buying a used kart race ready except fitment to his son would be the best investment in the event he has to sell it because they figured out it's not for them. Buy a used kart, run a season and see how he likes it then upgrade. A freind of mine raced sprint,enduro and dirt oval several years ago helped get us started and when he saw our kart he was amazed at what all had changed. Especially in the wheel/tire combos and treatments.