To all my friends....

Old 04-06-2010, 05:12 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: To all my friends....

Originally Posted by Rigsby
To all my friends:

Last Monday, I was driving my wifes Tahoe & an old lady hit me pretty hard (luckily I was alone). She T-boned the side of a newer Tahoe. I took this shaken up elderly woman out to dinner nearby. We became friends. She treated me like a grandson. I called her the next day to check in on her & she died shortly after that. I guess she had a blood clot & took her down some how. She was a WW2 Survivor from East Berlin. Anyways, weird things happen to me. I mention this because on my time off, this was the only thing that was tough. This lady was a believer; she had no idea that she had less than 48 hours to live when I meant her. I was glad though; as she had no family here & she needed a friend. I am convinced everthing happens for a reason... even though I am not sure about this encounter which seemed somewhat surreal.

Anyways, bless you all & I have missed being here. Scooter
Scooter, thanks for that story. I get so wrapped up in what I want to do I don't take the time out to spend with others. She will never forget you!!

Nice looking ride!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Good to hear from ya Wabbit!!! Hope you are well my friend.

Harb: That is a virgin survivor. What a nice one. Nice body... I can tell the paint looks good too. It would be a keeper in my book too- w/ that low of miles. The interior looks great!! Good find Harb.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:41 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

"I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, after all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all."

– Leo Rosten
Old 04-09-2010, 06:53 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Rigsby,
Thanks for sharing that story with us. It makes us think of what is really important. Glad to hear she had a friend before she passed.

Chris
Old 04-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Chris, I am convinced that everything happens for a reason. Although it may not have been for me, it was for something. It was a surreal evening with her that night... she had alot of wisdom & talked to me like I knew her my whole life. She was indeed a special lady with quite a past. I think of her every time I walk out to shop- pieces of her bumper/parts laying on the side that I promised I would get rid of for her. She died alone & lonely... but I was able to be a part of her final hours & be a friend. It helped me get out of myself & remember what really matters. Cheers, Scoot
Old 04-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

scoot, everything does happen for a reason, be it fate or otherwise...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...