ksracecars

Old 10-24-2008, 12:16 PM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Default Another update

I sent a message to Mr. Shull since I haven't heard from him inquiring about the jacks and advising him that my complaint with IC3 is still active (but can be amended or canceled) and that my next step would be to post my experience on the Samba website. Evidently he wasn't worried about it because he never replied.

I joined the Samba website today and did a search on the forums there and it seems Mr. Shull was given $2500. from some guy in the Netherlands to rebuild a VW gearbox or some kind of gearbox anyway. The original posting was dated back sometime in July 2008. Not surprisingly, the man cannot get into contact with Mr. Shull. I added a reply to his posting telling of my experience with him. I also pm'd this guy and urged him to file a complaint with IC3 as well.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

nitroaddict,Is this assh%$# in n.c.,Give me his address and Ill see if he's close to me and go see him! D.R.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Samba is a good first step as is IC3

Nitro-

He is a business. Do a web search on attorney general his state-Get the address and file a complaint AND suggest that the other guy from the Samba do the same. Two complaints to the Attorney General with support should get them rattling his cage a bit.

Also-Just my opinion, but I would head to the courthouse in my state and file a lawsuit against this guy in small claims - You have his address.

Nitro-This guy doesnt fear you yet- make him. And you have to do it withhout threats-That wont budge him but a steady attack using all legal means will make him have to play and thats what he is not going to want to do.

Scorp
Old 10-24-2008, 02:52 PM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Thanks to Racefab for the offer and to Scorp for the advice. I have the link to the South Carolina Attorney General website in my bookmarks, and have had it since this all started. I looked for his name on the "watch" list, but he's not on it yet. I'll see if I can change that! I have to inquire if, since I filed a complaint with IC3, if I should file a complaint with the Atty Gen office too. I like doing things slow and methodical to give him every opportunity to make things right. I'm not even sure if he saw the message I sent him thru here, all contact is being done thru RJ. I need to go see my attorney on a different matter soon, so I'll inquire about this before I take any legal steps, but that's probably gonna be my next move, after the Atty Gen.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

You should file a complaint with the side of his head via your boot.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:11 AM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Default Another update

Since I haven't heard from Mr. Shull since Oct 9, I decided it was time to take the next step. I filed a complaint with the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs. I sent a message to the guy from the Samba website to do the same, but haven't heard from him either.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:54 PM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Default The saga continues!

:arrow: Firstly, I heard back from the guy from the Netherlands. He wanted to wait a couple more weeks in hope that Mr. Shull will contact him before taking any action. :roll: I urged him to file complaints with IC3 and the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs, and sent him links to do so.
:arrow: Secondly, I was contacted by another guy in a similar situation with Mr. Shull, but he didn't want me to mention it in the forums just yet, so out of respect I won't identify him, or give any more details.
:arrow: Thirdly, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Columbia, SC. :wink:
Old 11-08-2008, 05:13 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Good Work Nitro

Nitro-

Good work, stay on him.

BTW- recently was victim of an attempted Scam. A magazine that I used to subscribe to, started up my subscription automatically and sent me a junk mail letter saying if I didnt want this I had to actively tell them no-else they would restart and bill me.

I shred all junk mail unopened and didnt catch this. Got a magazine which I couldnt figure out and then a few weeks later an invoice. When I called to complain they played way dumb until I told them I knew they were passively subscribing me and it while not a guaranteed law violation was certainly unethical and since they probably did it to a large group that the Florida Attorney General will care. They begged me not to file a complaint.

I am working on the complaint doc as we speak-if only to help those others who did not catch it.

I posted this for two reasons:

1) Readers watch out for this scam and if you want to know the magazine and publisher, pm me,
2) the mention of the AG scared the death out of these people- Knowing the name and office info told them that a complaint was forthcoming and told me that AG's are investigating because of all the internet scams.

Nitro- do a google search on the AG for his state. Get the info. Email Shull. Get these other guys to file that claim as well. Three complaints will get the attention of the AG and should squeeze Shull a bit.

Its work and a pain but you are staying on this and you will recover I feel.

You are also helping other guys and should be proud of that.

Scorp
Old 11-08-2008, 03:52 PM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

If memory serves me right, when I was searching for the AG for South Carolina, I found the SC Department of Consumer Affairs. If I'm not mistaken, they are a branch of the AG and they are the ones that handle this sort of thing. The only "internet crimes" I could find on the AG website is crimes against children. But I'll have another look around and see what I can dig up.
The other guy that contacted me, wanted to know about how I went about filing a report with IC3 and SCDCA. I gave him the links I used. I urged both other guys to file reports themselves, and I mentioned to the BBB in an addendum to my complaint, that I had found 2 other persons who have had similar dealings with Mr. Shull. That's about all I can do, is urge them to file, it's up to them to actually do it.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:24 AM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Default The wheels are turning

The South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs has assigned a complaint analyst to my complaint, and it was given complaint number 08-05433A3. They are awaiting a response, and will contact me again once it has been received.
The Better Business Bureau has assigned it case number 34017171. He has until November 25, 2008 to respond. :lol:
I'm not sure what happens f he doesn't respond, tho :?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -