Camshaft selection/ choice

Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

You dont need a 34.5 tire. Shawn runs them but I keep telling him to take them off lol that big tire IMO can lug a motor/car and sometimes make a good combo very bad, you have to build parts around the big tire.

My guess is your heads are the issue but no doubt you need to find what the camshaft is. Racetechs normally arent heavy so you got some et somewhere.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:04 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Dave, our combo so nothing going from 34.5 to 33.5 which is odd. I think in this case with a car this is slow thru the 60 that a 34.5 is not right.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:24 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
Dave, our combo so nothing going from 34.5 to 33.5 which is odd. I think in this case with a car this is slow thru the 60 that a 34.5 is not right.
I agree its not right for his car, I know for sure some cars do like the 34.5's but they were more or less spec'd out around that tire as far as converter, and gear.

Its like the beadlock talk with everyone, some have seen a gain some have lost .15 I think its all about what you build around it.

Like Shawn said no matter what keep it slower then 7.50 ... sad we have to slow things down to avoid a 1800.00 suit