cadillac jack racing?

Old 06-25-2018, 06:04 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Default cadillac jack racing?

cadillac jack racing? Anyone ever hear of this outfit? Supposedly out of New Zealand and trying to buy my Studebaker? Just sounds like a scam to me?

Ken
Old 06-26-2018, 05:28 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Well, I did a search for the guys name (brian a. finch of new zealand) and found this so it looks like this may be a "legit" deal. But dayumn, that guy looks like he's way older than I am!!??

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/hawkes-ba...ectid=11607099
Old 06-27-2018, 03:34 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

cool!
I have a friend that ships a lot of motorcycles and classic cars overseas

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-18-2018, 07:37 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Well, it's been a few weeks so I thought I'd update this thread.

I've spoken with 81 year old Brian Finch in New Zealand 3 times about this deal and so far it's still a go but no money has changed hands yet. He's been having some problems trying to arrange transport of my car and trailer to New Jersey for shipment to New Zealand. Also, the car trailer at 102 inches wide is just as wide as their normal shipping containers and in his last call he said that they are just going to put the trailer on the ship and strap it down to the deck out in the open?

So, hopefully this deal will be completed soon and I can get on with my life without a race car or hot rod to have to deal with. Yup, I'll be 73 come September and I think I've finally outgrown it.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:27 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Well, the bottom sorta fell out of this deal this week. In our original conversation the guy had told me he had a bank account with Wells Fargo that he would pay for my car out of, and, the other 3 cars he's “suppose” to be buying? That would have worked out really well since I also have a Wells Fargo Account!!!

Ennywho, sometime around mid week he called again telling me that he had closed that account with Wells Fargo, and that he would be paying me by wire transfer once I gave him MY BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS???? WTF????

I went and talked to my banker at Wells Fargo telling them what had happened and was told that I should run away from this guy because something doesn't seem right!! Hummm, yup, I had to agree. They also told me that Wire transfers CAN BE CANCELED/RECALLED even after the deal was done?? Another WTF moment for me.

So I sent him an Email that evening telling him that there was NO way he was going to get my bank account numbers and if he still wanted the car, payment would have to be made with US Dollars before the car and trailer could be picked up by the shipping company.

It's been a couple of days now with no word back on this so I'm going to “assume” that's the end of it!

To be continued......................The car is still for sale!