RACING JUNKIE

X2, BJUICE
Old 04-03-2009, 05:25 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: non-payer(etdidit)

Originally Posted by etdidit
Brian--please check your private message. Thanks.....E.T.
i sent you a pm earlier..sending you another.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-03-2009, 07:13 PM
etdidit
APPRENTICE

Default a non payer (etdidit)

This is going to be a long post so you might want to get the popcorn out!

It has been suggested that I show the emails between ALTERD 526 and myself in order to illustrate the mis-truths he has written concerning this matter. I'm sorry but I'm just not computer literate enough to do that. Pasteing, copying, highlighting, etc. is just something I've never done with a computer and even if told how to do it, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it and it would probably take me a day and a half. I can forward emails but I don't guess that would help in this situation. What address would I forward emails to?

Anyway, here is a thumb nail sketch of this situation. ALTERD 526 (HIS spelling, not mine) had an ad on RJ. His name is Michael or Mike Renzetti. The ad #'s are: 1468541 and 1490712 and says he is from West Palm Beach, Florida. I'll try to keep this brief.

I made an offer to Mike and he instantly accepted that offer. I told him I would pay $4000. and 1/2 of verifiable shipping charges for his 871 blower, Birdcatcher injection system, fuel pump, pullys, belt, etc. Everything except an extension that goes between the camshaft and fuel pump. He said he would pay for the shipping and when it had been done he would send me invoices showing the charges and I could then send him my 1/2.

I ask him if he had a way to take payment by me using my Visa card. He said no. He wanted my bank to wire the money to his bank. Before I could even get to my bank and make arrangements, he told me shipping would be $200. and for me to go ahead and send him $100. in addition to the purchase price. I did do that. My bank wired his bank $4100. My bank charged me $20. to handle this for me.

Next thing I know, he is telling me he now needs more shipping money plus he wants me to pay him $35. that he says his bank charged him for handling the transaction. Remember that $35. figure.

He wants my bank to wire his bank more shipping money PLUS another $35. to cover another wiring of money. I tell him that I really don't think I should pay the original $35. because he was the one who wanted the transaction handled that way. I also tell him I would send more shipping money and I would pay the original $35. bank fee just to go ahead and get this over with. My bank charged me $20. to wire it to his bank & his bank (he said) charged him $35. I agreed to handle this one time. When he wanted more shippingmoney & ANOTHER $35. I told him I would not do it that way because it would cost me ANOTHER $55. I told him if he would send me a mailing address I would purchase a United States Postal Money Order and send it to him to cover additional shipping charge & initial charges by his bank. I have now requested on four different occassions a mailing address so we could conclude this transaction. He will not provide me an address and the correct amount for additional shipping charges has changed 3 times!

Just out of curiosity I went to my bank today and asked if it was normal for the person receiving the funds to be charged to handle this by their bank. I was told it is indeed normal and if it were reversed (his bank sending me money) my banks fee to me would be $10. I told my bank that he said his bank charged $35. My bank then called his bank in Florida (I live in Texas) and his bank told my bank their charge is $15.!!! NOT $35.

In conclusion, this has been an experience I wouldn't want any one to go through. ALTERD 526 still has stuff for sale on RJ. Be very, very careful if you are going to have any dealings with him.

I would send him a money order for his real bank fee and a proveable amount of shipping charges if indeed my 1/2 hasn't been taken care of.
I would do that to get the manifold and burst panels. Even more than getting the manifold, I'd prefer a reimbursement that he agreed to in a email I have from him. His manifold is for a tall deck BBC and I'd really prefer one for standard height deck. BUT....I'll take what I've already paid for and just can't seem to get.

Thanks to all for hearing or reading my tale of woe.

Sincerely...........Eddie Taylor (E.T.)
[email protected]
Old 04-03-2009, 07:25 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: :shock: Man i would say long, glad i have a hold button, that read cost me two bag's of popcorn :!: :!: I SMELL A RAT :roll: :roll: Dang it feel's sooooo good to be back :!: :!: Hey Alterd526 can you show us what your bank charged you on this :?: And what was the total weight of the part's :?: I just sent some from virginia to washington state that was over 60 lbs and it was $52.00 from where i work :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 04-03-2009, 07:35 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

I still want to know how he shipped it that cost $300.00,,TAXI CAB :?:
Old 04-03-2009, 07:55 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

NA, NANI PELOSI'S JET :roll:
Old 04-03-2009, 08:01 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: :shock: For $300.00 shipping it must have taken the 48 state senic tour :lol: :lol: :!: :!:
Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 PM
slickfuel
CRAFTSMAN

What is ALTEREDS526 address..

WE WILL GO PICK YOUR INTAKE FOR YOU.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

What is his add # for this other stuff for sale
Old 04-03-2009, 08:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Mr Taylor,

I think you did what you were supposed to do, he ask for a bank transfer,because of the credit card, if i read it right, you sent the $100.00 shipping and didn't get what you paid for in the transaction. I personally feel he owes you the manifold and it's his bag to ship it too you at his cost period. I don't know if this will work out but in my opinion he owes you. I understand that finances can get tight in todays times but it's still his nickle and he does owe you the manifold shipped to your door. After reading this whole thread, he should have shipped everthing to you in the beginning and this would not be happening today as we read it. I personally would not do business with him after reading this thread, no matter if his parts were exactly what i needed. I hope he see the light and comes through with the original deal that was agreed too.

I don't know about shipping cost, but for me to ship my 1471 to Mert Littlefield in Ca. from Louisanna is $55.00

If either one or both of you would have had a paypal account, the cost would not have been but $12.00 for the money transfer.

JMO

Zip.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

ET:

If you have his phone number I can tell you how to get his address AND any piece of personal information that he has in ANY searchable database. It will cost you another $20- but I think you are already all in anyway (and the search engine is perfectly legal)

BTW, here is the definition of extortion from Wickipedia:

Extortion, outwresting, or exaction is a criminal offense, which occurs, when a person unlawfully obtains either money, property or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion. Refraining from doing harm is sometimes euphemistically called protection. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups. The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence or a lawsuit which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence or lawsuit is sufficient to commit the offense. Exaction refers not only to extortion or the unlawful demanding and obtaining of something through force,[1] additionally, exact in its formal definition means the infliction of something such as pain and suffering or to make somebody endure something unpleasant.[2]

In the United States, extortion may also be committed as a federal crime across a computer system, phone, by mail or in using any instrument of "interstate commerce." Extortion requires that the individual sent the message "willingly" and "knowingly" as elements of the crime. The message only has to be sent (but does not have to reach the intended recipient) to commit the crime of extortion.

Read the first sentence; you could make the case that he is attempting to obtain money from you by using failure to ship the manifold as a form of coercion. It does not have to be violance to meet the definition above.

Long story short, Mr Renzetti should send you the manifold, because if you really want to make an example of him you can go after him.

Scorp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -