Fluidyne Cross Flow - 16 AN - Radiator - heat probs

Old 11-29-2009, 09:27 AM
jerpazz
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by johnracer
Are you running the pullies that in your show off section pics? Looks like a really small crank pulley and a really big pump pulley. The pump may be turning waaaay too slow.....just a thought
Johnny
Johnny -
I think you nailed it.
I had to do some machining to the Moroso Crank Mandrel (in the Moroso dry sump drive kit) to get my stock crank pulley to seat properly against the balancer, [there's about a .125" lip on the factory pulley that sits inside the balancer, but the Moroso set up sitd flush with the face of the balancer]- after switching to the larger pulley - it stays at a constant 170-180. After getting on it pretty heavy - it ran up to about 192, but after about 2 miles at 70 - it dropped back down to about 170 again.

It seems to follow my oil temp very closely now rather than vice versa before

I went back through all the Moroso, summit. jegs etc etc to see if Moroso made a larger dia (same as stock) crank pulley... the one I have is the largest, which was about 1/2 the size of the stock one. This fixed it !

Thanks for the advise.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:42 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Thats awesome that you found and fixed the problem.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:18 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by jerpazz
Originally Posted by johnracer
Are you running the pullies that in your show off section pics? Looks like a really small crank pulley and a really big pump pulley. The pump may be turning waaaay too slow.....just a thought
Johnny
Johnny -
I think you nailed it.
I had to do some machining to the Moroso Crank Mandrel (in the Moroso dry sump drive kit) to get my stock crank pulley to seat properly against the balancer, [there's about a .125" lip on the factory pulley that sits inside the balancer, but the Moroso set up sitd flush with the face of the balancer]- after switching to the larger pulley - it stays at a constant 170-180. After getting on it pretty heavy - it ran up to about 192, but after about 2 miles at 70 - it dropped back down to about 170 again.

It seems to follow my oil temp very closely now rather than vice versa before

I went back through all the Moroso, summit. jegs etc etc to see if Moroso made a larger dia (same as stock) crank pulley... the one I have is the largest, which was about 1/2 the size of the stock one. This fixed it !

Thanks for the advise.
You're very welcome! Sometimes I get lucky.....glad I could help
Johnny
Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 PM
jerpazz
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Thats awesome that you found and fixed the problem.
Absolutely ! - I appreciate everyone's input.

you get enough gearheads gathered around a mechanical problem... it's bound to get worked out.