DEAL OR NO DEAL??

Old 07-20-2008, 10:25 AM
olfart
SHOW GUEST

Default DEAL OR NO DEAL??

I listed my roadster on RJ as I want to trade for something w/a little more legroom(I am 6'4" w/a size 14 foot) I found a 38 Plymouth truck that I really liked and called the owner.He looked at my ad and agreed to a trade.I told him that I would find a transport company & get back to him.I made the mistake of putting my phone # on the car transport sites and I have gotten about 30 calls already and they are still coming.The owner of the plymouth & I talked a few times and I finally found a transporter that did not use a "broker" & we agreed on a very reasonable price.I called the owner of the plymouth pickup,told him the price and then he said"The way I usually do it is to meet who I trade with,half way.Thats about where 26 meets 95.I told him that I did not have a way to get the car to 26& 95.He asked if I didn't have a friend w/a trailer that could do it for me.I told him that I would try to find someone.That nite at about 9;30 he sent an email asking if I had found anyone.I had not.Turns out he found a roadster just like mine only closer & he was going to trade for that one.
I had explained my situation to him(Disabled Viet Nam vet on a Veterans admin. disability pension,fixed income,blah,blah blah.)So I could not even afford the $400 in gas to meet him halfway.
My question is,Why make a deal w/someone than change the rules halfway through the deal?A man is only as good as his word!! Hold on gotta answer the phone, another damn transporter. :cry:
Old 07-20-2008, 02:56 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Default Re: DEAL OR NO DEAL??

Originally Posted by Toetag
I listed my roadster on RJ as I want to trade for something w/a little more legroom(I am 6'4" w/a size 14 foot) I found a 38 Plymouth truck that I really liked and called the owner.He looked at my ad and agreed to a trade.I told him that I would find a transport company & get back to him.I made the mistake of putting my phone # on the car transport sites and I have gotten about 30 calls already and they are still coming.The owner of the plymouth & I talked a few times and I finally found a transporter that did not use a "broker" & we agreed on a very reasonable price.I called the owner of the plymouth pickup,told him the price and then he said"The way I usually do it is to meet who I trade with,half way.Thats about where 26 meets 95.I told him that I did not have a way to get the car to 26& 95.He asked if I didn't have a friend w/a trailer that could do it for me.I told him that I would try to find someone.That nite at about 9;30 he sent an email asking if I had found anyone.I had not.Turns out he found a roadster just like mine only closer & he was going to trade for that one.
I had explained my situation to him(Disabled Viet Nam vet on a Veterans admin. disability pension,fixed income,blah,blah blah.)So I could not even afford the $400 in gas to meet him halfway.
My question is,Why make a deal w/someone than change the rules halfway through the deal?A man is only as good as his word!! Hold on gotta answer the phone, another damn transporter. :cry:
No disrespect intended, but if you can't afford to transport or trailer your car. What are you doing racing? :?
Old 07-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

I ALWAYS try to meet half way. It isnt fair for 1 party to do all the traveling...
Old 07-20-2008, 04:56 PM
olfart
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by DragsterJosh
I ALWAYS try to meet half way. It isnt fair for 1 party to do all the traveling...
I agree its not fair for 1 party to do all the traveling.If you read my post you will see that I arranged transport.

As for the guy that asked why I am in racing if I cannot afford to trailer.I have read RJs rules and did not see anywhere that I have to be a racer to join,post or lurk.DUHH
Old 07-20-2008, 09:15 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

aint trying to get anything started with you blittle, but he didnt say anything about racing.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Also he's a disabled vet, Id do the work to help him out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!David.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Toetag,
No two ways about it, you were done wrong!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

OK, I read it all. A man has a right to change his mind... with no contract in place. I did not see a "contract"... yes, a man's word is important. But- a word is all it is until it becomes a contract. Who said it would be unfair to change one's mind? The "deal" is not really a deal until it becomes offical. What you two had was a tentative agreement by word of mouth. I understand the frustration of him backing out at the last minute... that was annoying I bet. I am sorry your agreement never became a deal.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I was gonna agree with Rudy ,then I read what Rigsby had to say :? ....now I'm not sure. Definitely a sour deal.But there is one thing that is for sure...If you are a veteran...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO MY COUNTRY!!

Now that I think of it,why shouldn't a man's word be as good as a binding contract?My opinion,it should
Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

I am kinda back and forth on this one.i have gone from chelsea ok to york Pa.to del a trade car.but he paid a good size deposit and payed for the fuel.but most of the time we will meet half way.that way its even.but if you get there and you dont like what you see,or its not what they said it was.DO NOT TRADE AND THEN COME ON HERE CRYING...but some time its not allways a good deal.you may be better off.AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.if was me doing the deal with ya we would have worked something out..hell its just money,and you cant take it with you.if you do i will dig you up,and rob ya..L.O.L.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -