Pro Comp heads

Old 05-30-2009, 04:15 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
If I was going to buy it would be Reher Morrison or Nyes.
x2, Reher is top notch also, all depends on what parts/price your wallet can afford :wink:

this things sure arent cheap !
Old 07-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Joes69
APPRENTICE

Default PROCOMPS

hello I just saw this posting and I have a set of procomps on my car right now..454 chevy.they are what you pay for no doubt.I have pulled 3 rocker studs out so far with the cheap springs that procomp sells on the complete heads.The design isnt very good there is just no meat for the thread on the intake valve rockerstuds.The casting is slightly more porous than a good head so that even weakens the area more.I couldnt even imagine running alot of spring pressure on these heads it would be a ticking timebomb.So far I havent actually broken a boss its just pulled the heli coils out.I have my machine guy put a keen sert in it and go on.Its almost impossible to get the valve covers to seal on these things also.I paid 950 complete for mine so I got what I paid for I would just suggest you do your homework before purchasing..good luck
Old 07-31-2009, 04:03 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Hey gungho, I have nothing to say for or against Pro Comp heads because I don't know anything about them so I am not here to argue or jump on you so don't take it that way. But as far as someone having a car without a parachute and you questioning how fast it can be, my car has no parachute and if I ran at a sanctioned track they would throw me out. The few tracks I frequent are non sanctioned so I don't have to have one and they have plenty of shutdown. I have a Camaro like the one you have so of course I like it. If your ever in Texas(I didn't notice where you are from) shoot me an email and we can meet up and go have some fun.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I can't run an NHRA track either. Car doesn't need a chute because I don't think it would go 150 mph but it would need to be certified.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:09 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

OK I couldnt keep my mouth shut on this. I may not know what products are good and whichh ones are bad. But I will not insult the guys on here when they are stating their own opinions on a certaiin product and think I am a bad azz and think I own the fastest car on the track. Heck Gungho doesnt even have the nuts to race in an actual event. Instead he "grudge" races. Honestly if the guys on here sya a product is bad and it is better to get this other product then I am going to be listening to them cuz they are the ones that are on the track using these parts. Spending their hard earned money to keep their car going down the track.There is A LOT of experience in this forum from building engines to driving. I think I am done now.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
OK I couldnt keep my mouth shut on this. I may not know what products are good and whichh ones are bad. But I will not insult the guys on here when they are stating their own opinions on a certaiin product and think I am a bad azz and think I own the fastest car on the track. Heck Gungho doesnt even have the nuts to race in an actual event. Instead he "grudge" races. Honestly if the guys on here sya a product is bad and it is better to get this other product then I am going to be listening to them cuz they are the ones that are on the track using these parts. Spending their hard earned money to keep their car going down the track.There is A LOT of experience in this forum from building engines to driving. I think I am done now.
I think the point gungho was trying to make was

"Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.Speak on what you have experienced not what you have heard."

Just my take on it

P.S. Just found this in an ad on RACINGJUNK for a set of PROCOMPS

Old 07-31-2009, 09:40 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah i was getting both sides of the stroy till he started to puff his chest and throw out challanges to people he didnt even what they ran. And then started talking sh@@ to people that werent even involved. I get mad when I am thrown into stuff I dont have anything to do with.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:26 PM
littlehotrod
MASTER BUILDER

Default About my Heads

well talking about heads..im getting me a set of Brand New set of DART heads tomorrow and they are 215 Runners and 64CC with 205/160 Valves and set up with 700 Lift Max Springs for Solid Roller Cams and Steal Retainers and i dont remember if they are a 7Degree or 10 Degree Locks..the Valves are Stanless Steal and these are Cast heads.. So what i was wanting to know will these put a Good HP or can i do something to them that will make them give out more Hp..Like what can i go to make them flow or perform better..Or do you think that it will have enough HP like they are..So what can i do to make them Perform Better But want cost me a Arm and a Leg to do it???????