cold exhaust tube

Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM
nitroushead
SHOW GUEST

Default cold exhaust tube

Looking for some help. 350 sbc #1 cly 190-205deg. after 20mins of run time. Same after a pass. New motor. Here is what I have checked so far. msd 7al3, rewired, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil. Additional grounds to the cylinder heads (as recommended by MSD). Pulled the RPM limit pills. pulled covers and intake to check gasket sealing and valve adjustment and movement. compression test 170-175psi all the way around. swapped carbs just because its fun. stumbles on the trans brake or under load obviously. If I pull the plug wire 145deg on the tube and a little rougher idle(rough to begin with). pulled the plug after having the wire off and the plug is dry??? Its almost as if there is no fuel getting down the runner. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:07 PM
ejm
SENIOR BUILDER

i had a smooth one begining of this season i pulled heads to check over everything and in assembly i must have missed the lifter with push rod on intake valve! i know you said you even pulled intake off so prob not that but everyone needs to chuckle every now and again?

Eric
Old 06-22-2009, 06:54 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Check to make sure cam isn't flat. Then I'd do a leak down test on that cyclinder.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:33 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

leak down for sure :?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 PM
nitroushead
SHOW GUEST

I have not done a leak down. I will start with that. I was praying that I would come across one of the I'm stupid moments. I will let you know what I come up with. THX