Are there and 4l80e experts on here?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Default Are there and 4l80e experts on here?

Can some one tell me what a Torque converter quad driver module is? Is it a board in the tranny?

Its a code my truck has and it was just rebuilt a few thousand miles ago... the tranny guy says its the ecm ....

Where do i begin working on this computer controlled setup?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Robstclair
APPRENTICE

The Quad driver is in the PCM. probably you only have 1 computer on your vehicle to control the engine and trans. but the quad driver is the unit tnat grounds the shift and tcc solenoids to make them operate.Sounds like the quad driver for your torque convertor clutch solenoid has failed, but I would test for a wiring problem and connector problem before throwing a high dollar PCM at it.
Rob
Old 12-17-2009, 05:01 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Thank you!!!

Yes its a 93 chevy.... 383 tbi and 4l80e that use a single obd1 to control them. Howell efi did the swap on the harness and computer so i could replace my 4l60 with the 80.... i will call them tomorrow. I wanted to varify the quad driver module was in the computer and not the tranny.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:08 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

just a thought, you swaped 4l60 for 4l80, is there a posibility that the prom in the ecm may be different for the 4l80?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:20 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

It is! They swapped the ecm to a factory unit that came 350 tbi to 4l80e.... Hopefully its something they can help me resolve with the computer.