dead beat posters

Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 PM
pmvette
SHOW GUEST

Default dead beat posters

why do people post ads if they won't return messages you send them..... there have been a few over the years that don't seem to be to interested in selling their item.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:06 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Seems to happen quite a bit.
I sent one a while back and after 2 weeks I get a pissy response stating he had been on vacation.

I then asked why the hell he had an ad if he knew he was going on vaca.
Got another smart ass response.

The ones that do not respond are either stupid, a scammer, or just don't give a shit.

Personally, if I do not get a response within 24 hours, I go elsewhere, not worth the stress.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 AM
bubbabbc
JUNIOR BUILDER

On the other side of the coin, you would be amazed at the number of guys that will e-mail you five/ten times for various questions and requests for pics, then commit to the deal and tell you they're sending payment - then you never hear from them again.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:41 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i'll tell ya a good one....just happen to me on an ad i responded to just 2 days ago..i am not using the real ad to protect seller..but this is close below

1150 alcohol dominater $700 (obo).

i send him an e-mail stating the following

would you take $500.00 plus shipping?

he responds..$700 is my firm price !

i send 2nd e-mail telling him...i am sorry to have wasted your time. why did you have OBO on the ad when you state your price is firm ?

i never got a return response...

lMAO...GO FIGURE !.....ANY LOGICAL ANSWERS HERE ?

Thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-16-2007, 10:19 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

He doesn't know what obo means :lol: but it looks good in his ad with his USER ID in bright lights for the whole world to see and admire, at least in his mind...
Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bubbabbc
On the other side of the coin, you would be amazed at the number of guys that will e-mail you five/ten times for various questions and requests for pics, then commit to the deal and tell you they're sending payment - then you never hear from them again.

I agree bubba.
The thing is, with me doing mostly buying I see the no reply crap way to often. And when I finally get a reply, I have decided not to buy from them as it seemed I was not important enough for them to reply in a reasonable amount of time. I then reply as to why I will not buy and they get all bent.
Believe me these guys get into a pissing contest with me and they WILL lose...lol
Old 10-16-2007, 11:12 AM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Maybe he's dyslexic and he was trying to put his name there. (bob)
Old 10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
He doesn't know what obo means :lol: but it looks good in his ad with his USER ID in bright lights for the whole world to see and admire, at least in his mind...
Speaking of "OBO" a friend of my dads showed up awhile back with a truck he had just purchased. It was just an old work truck but in decent shape.When asked what he gave for it,he replied " The guy was asking $2000 OBO so I gave him $2300. :?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 PM
DRAGSTER3365
SHOW GUEST

Default DEAD BEAT POSTERS

JUST SAW THE THIS , THOUGHT I WOULD THROW MY TWO CENTS IN . OCT 1 I SENT A REQUEST FOR INFO AND PICS OF THE TRUCK ON ADD #883499. ON OCT 10 I GOT A MESSAGE BACK THAT HE HAD BEEN TO BUSY BUT GET THEM OUT ON 13 OR 14. STILL NO ANSWER, ON THE 18TH I SENT ANOTHER JUST IN CASE THEY LOST MY EMAIL ADDRESS STILL NO ANSWER. NOT INTERESTED IN THIS ANYMORE.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

i'm starting to do as chevguy65..i'll e-mail one time if no answer in24hours then i start looking elsewhere for same item..why i look at it if they don't have time to answer a quest about there item or send pic so you see sort of what you are interested in then they won't have the time to ship it to you if you buy..i've even e-mailed about items i'm ready to buy and don't need any pics or information about just how they want paid for it and where to send there money and STILL NO REPLYS.if they don't have time to answer there e-mails then why waste there time listing them and wasting buyers time trying to buy;;got little long on this but really makes me :x to waste my time e-mailing someone and they don't reply back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -