rocker adjustment

Old 05-04-2009, 02:05 PM
onedragracer
JUNIOR BUILDER

The last time I raced there was when Callaway owned the track. Sure has went down hill since then.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:49 PM
fullspeed383
APPRENTICE

what track are you talking about. ?????
Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 PM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

[/quote]I ran a 1.178 60' in the left lane at a 7.99 and a 1.130 60' at a 7.99.
Ya I had a couple 1.11x and a 1.133 then when I ran you it came up 1.013? I finally figured out what is wrong with my t-stop tho. That was about the only positive thing to come out of the whole debacle. The scoreboards haven't worked since lightning hit 'em in July last year....... 8) JB
Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Well as you can see I really pooched up that post.... :shock: JB
Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Man how did you do that? You got the quote backwards.lol.

Fullspeed, we were racing in Roswell(Area 51) in NM. A great looking track (PassTime was there last year)but the track had lighting strike and hurt some stuff. In the last 3 years he hasn't pulled the sensors or starting line clocks. The weather, sun, bugs, and time just isn't good for $40,000 worth of electronics to set outside for three years.
We had a bunch of Roswell racers come to Hobbs 3 weeks ago and about 10 of us just thought we would return the favor and race there last weekend.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:51 AM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by dparker
Originally Posted by sc4405
So Parker, how'd you like those clocks? I had a whole string of Top Fuel 60' times..........and rollout in the left lane? What a FREAKIN' JOKE. 8) JB
I ran a 1.178 60' in the left lane at a 7.99 and a 1.130 60' at a 7.99. Only problem was that light was a .525 in the left and a .575 in the right. The rollout has to be messed up. Everywhere else I 60' around a 1.085. Being slower I can live with but the inconsistencies in the lights you can't over come. We probably won't be back unless alot of changes transpire. Its a shame because the track looks great. Pits are nice. How long have the scoreboards not been working?
If by .525 and .575 you're talking about reaction time, that doesn't effect your 60's or 1/4 times, the timers don't start til you've broken the beams.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:24 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by chevyfireball
So Parker, how'd you like those clocks? I had a whole string of Top Fuel 60' times..........and rollout in the left lane? What a FREAKIN' JOKE. 8) JB
I ran a 1.178 60' in the left lane at a 7.99 and a 1.130 60' at a 7.99. Only problem was that light was a .525 in the left and a .575 in the right. The rollout has to be messed up. Everywhere else I 60' around a 1.085. Being slower I can live with but the inconsistencies in the lights you can't over come. We probably won't be back unless alot of changes transpire. Its a shame because the track looks great. Pits are nice. How long have the scoreboards not been working?
If by .525 and .575 you're talking about reaction time, that doesn't effect your 60's or 1/4 times, the timers don't start til you've broken the beams.
Sorry to disagree but your completely wrong. If the beams are at a different height from side to side your rollout will the different. I just fixed a track that had 3/4 height difference and with a rollout wheel had 2" of roll out on left lane and 6" rollout on the right lane. The less rollout will have a quicker reaction time and a slower 60ft time than the more rollout lane. The lane with most rollout will give you more of a running start at the lights.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:06 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by chevyfireball
Sorry to disagree but your completely wrong. If the beams are at a different height from side to side your rollout will be different also. I just fixed a track that had 3/4 height difference and with a rollout wheel had 2" of roll out on left lane and 6" rollout on the right lane. The less rollout will have a quicker reaction time and a slower 60ft time than the more rollout lane. The lane with most rollout will give you more of a running start at the lights.
To prove the point bump into the lights after you stage. Your reaction time will be faster and your 60ft ET will be slower. Thats why its so important to stage the in same spot every pass. There's roughly .015 ET for every inch of rollout.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Kinda funny, but deep staging is legal at any NHRA event, but it sure pisses off the competition. I know that at some of our local tracks it dosn't make sense, but you can deep stage only if you mark your windsheild with deep, otherwise they will disqualify you. I've never understood that rule,but i do know it's one of the easest ways to rattle your competition and i used to do it all the time when they allowed motorcycles to run in S/Pro.

JMO

Zip.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

"to prove the point bump into the lights after you stage. Your reaction time will be faster and your 60ft ET will be slower. Thats why its so important to stage the in same spot every pass. There's roughly .015 ET for every inch of rollout"

Glad you pointed that our Dparker, thats something worth mentioning over and over again.
Alot of people dont realize that, especially newbies to dragracing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -