Nitrous troubles

Old 06-14-2009, 05:39 PM
purplemonte
JOURNEYMAN

Default Nitrous troubles

Ran my car for the first time since last august. Decided to make a pass on Nitrous and when i hit the purge nothing came out but alot of warm air. Car was put in storage with a full bottle and has sat since the end of last Aug. with the bottle turned off. Did storing it in the cold for a whole winter cause problems will I need to empty it and refill?
Old 06-14-2009, 05:57 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Nitrous troubles

Originally Posted by purplemonte
Ran my car for the first time since last august. Decided to make a pass on Nitrous and when i hit the purge nothing came out but alot of warm air. Car was put in storage with a full bottle and has sat since the end of last Aug. with the bottle turned off. Did storing it in the cold for a whole winter cause problems will I need to empty it and refill?
Well,the 1st thing io would do is take the Bottle out a WEIGH it?Should be around 24lbs Full?Give r Take,,,,,,,,,,,.............
Later
G 8)
Old 06-14-2009, 06:17 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Nitrous troubles

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Originally Posted by purplemonte
Well,the 1st thing io would do is take the Bottle out a WEIGH it?Should be around 24lbs Full?Give r Take,,,,,,,,,,,.............
Later
G 8)
x2

I filled one late last fall went to put it on there and weighed it first to find it had 2lbs in it
Old 06-19-2009, 05:39 AM
stealth20
SHOW GUEST

That little disk for the safety blow off tube corrodes sometimes and will leak nitrous past it…might want to check that out as well as check for leaks when you fill it (or just push shop air in there and check for leaks before putting the "good stuff" back in.