days of yore

Old 02-12-2010, 08:42 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Default days of yore

is it just me or does everyone here remember the days when the biggest scam you had to worry about was uncle sam and $400 hammers. and the days when you knew your neighbors by name. only locked your door when you left town. people drove with resect for others on the road. and when you made a deal a hand shake and a mans word meant everything. you could walk the streets as a family and not have to worry about your safety
Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: days of yore

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
is it just me or does everyone here remember the days when the biggest scam you had to worry about was uncle sam and $400 hammers. and the days when you knew your neighbors by name. only locked your door when you left town. people drove with resect for others on the road. and when you made a deal a hand shake and a mans word meant everything. you could walk the streets as a family and not have to worry about your safety
I stiil try to live that way i still have alot of trust in people. If we all give up trust completely it will be a lot crappier world to live in.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

thats why we are moving around here gotta sleep with one eye open and 2-3 kinds of locks on doors and wont let wife and kids walk alone to many bad things happen around here
Old 02-12-2010, 10:43 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Like my dad told me awhile back....MOST PEOPLE NOW A DAYS ARE ALL ME ME ME...Not many people you can trust anymore....People are too selfish now!!! :evil: Think about it how many people.... family excluded can you totally trust... :shock:
Old 02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

on here there are a few but for day to day only 3-4
Old 02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Well with all honesty i will have to say where i live we don't lock our door's except when we leave town, And for the most part a handshake is all it takes, as for family most are decent some will screw you before the preacher will :!: :!: As for my shop never locked only a couple here knows why :!: You can walk down the road at night without being afraid :!: We don't lock door's when we go to bed, If your tired come on in and grab a empty bedroom and have a goodnight's sleep :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 02-12-2010, 11:13 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

I live in central Wi, a smaller town by most standards. Little by little it is going downhill but i will not give up on the idea that the days of not locking doors and being able to walk streets safely is over. Would love to see the old times where you had no internet and 250 channels on tv. I remember actually having to wait untill Saturday morning to watch cartoons. Not 10 channels with it 24/7. I still clear snow for the retired people i live next to. When out to dinner with my wife I give up my seat at the bar when we are having a drink before dinner to any elderly or person that actually needs it. I can stand. I had a neighor boy years back that was 15-1/2 he was ready to get his drivers liscence but did not have cash for a beater.His brother had a older Buick Century ( if i recall right)
for $300 he wanted me to hire him to cut my lawn to earn cash for the car.I paid for the car up front so he would not have to wait. He cut my lawn all summer never missed once. To this day if we see him when we are out for the evening he thanks us for being trustfull in him to carry his end of that deal. And a few times has paid our bill for dinner without our knowledge.To this day i try to do what i can to be a good person. I am not trying to look like great guy just try to do my part in a crumbling society.A little step by a whole lot of people translates into a giant leap. I know i cannot change it by i am trying not to give up.There are many great people out there they are mixed in with to many idiots.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:08 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

When we lived up in South Dakota we had a soft water filter that needed salt once a month, the first time they came over to service it while we were gone they called upset that we had locked the door! We had no idea... :shock:

Sioux Falls , S/D had to be one of the safest towns I've ever lived in, lots of goodlooking farmers daughters up there too :lol:

If it weren't for the harsh winters I go back there in a heart beat.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

i used to live there and thing have changed in sioux falls proper but the small towns arent to bad
Old 02-13-2010, 12:05 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
i used to live there and thing have changed in sioux falls proper but the small towns arent to bad
I'm sure it has changed over the years, probably for the worse, they usually do, but then again, don't they all?

I'm sure it would still feel like paradise comparred to Memphis, Tn.
Hate to bad mouth my home town but it is a violent city.

Cp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -