DRAMATIC DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BANK ONE AND BANK TWO

Old 10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
red5776
SHOW GUEST

Default DRAMATIC DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BANK ONE AND BANK TWO

427 BBC ALUMINUM HEADS, SOLID ROLLER CAM, HOLLEY 1050, SINGLE PLANE OR DUAL PLANE, DOES IT WITH BOTH, OPEN HEADERS. COMPRESSION EXACTLY THE SAME ON ALL CYLINDERS, FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS.
AT ANY RPM LESS THAN 2500 INCLUDING 950 IDLE THE RIGHT BANK HEADER TEMPS AND EXHAUST GAS TEMPS ARE 100 TO150 DEGREES HOTTER THAN THE LEFT BANK. THE RIGHT BANK HAS A GOOD CRACKLING SOUND BUT THE LEFT BANK JUST KINDA HUMS UNTIL YOU GET ABOVE 2500 THEN IT COMES IN OK. WHEN YOU RAP THE THROTTLE THE RIGHT BANK WILL BACKFIRE AND SHOOT OUT A BLUE FLAME WHEN YOU CLOSR THE THROTTLE. THIS IS RUNNING ME NUTS. I HAVE TRIED ALOT OF THINGS. i AM READY TO INSTALL THIS MOTOR BUT NOT UNTIL I GET THIS KINK OUT.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:49 AM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

I know this sounds crazy, but if your not driving the car or it's on they dyno, flip your carburetor around backwards and see what it does.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:08 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by cncmotorsports
I know this sounds crazy, but if your not driving the car or it's on they dyno, flip your carburetor around backwards and see what it does.
Could be wrong but he would probably want to use the dual plane intake if he tries flipping the card. Correct?I think you may get more info than a single plane.Maybe i am thinking to much here and could be way off...JMO
Old 10-23-2010, 07:09 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by cncmotorsports
It doesn't sound crazy, I was thinking the same thing.....

Johnny
Old 10-23-2010, 02:03 PM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

We have done this on the dyno a few time trouble shooting customer carburetors.
If it swaps the numbers to the other side, you have bad carburetor.